Monsters biting/twitching

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
angieluv wrote:
You could also give her a little Nutrical which is a nutritional supplement in a tube used for kittens and puppies but some of us use it on rabbits to stimulate appetite and for wt gain.
Randy said No to Nutrical so depending on the weather I'll go out tomorrow and pick up Kale and alfalfa hay.

I wouldn't feed alfalfa hay but most other kinds are fine.
I forgot that Randy disapproves of Nutrical

in terms of veggies it could be a variety ...not just kale (which should be given sparingly)but variety
Rolled oats instead of oatmeal if you can get them

the amount of pellets is enough ;you don't need to feed more.
I'll try to think of something else healthy that would put weight on her

Fri. Jan 30th

So Monsters had another episode of her Twitching/Biting this time it was a bit longer than the first one.

So I decided to take her in and the vet did some physical testing like putting her paws under her to see if she would pull them back up but she didn't, also did a relex one which was ok. We did x-rays said something about the space in her vertebra was bigger than normal. And her hips 1 looked good and the other not so good.

The vet upped her Metacam to .5 for 2 days then to .22

angieluv wrote:

Hi

I'm really sorry that Monsters is in so much distress. :? I hope the increase in pain meds helps...

Maureen

Sat Jan 31st

BoTheBunny wrote:
Maybe it's inflamation? I wonder if the metacam will help that?

mouse_chalk wrote:
Yikes poor Monsters... :(

I hope she will feel better with the metcam

:hugs: to you

BoTheBunny wrote:
How's Monsters doing?

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Just got home form dinner and a movie and let her out and she's pretty good. Now she's licking Fluffy's face so that's a good sign she's feeling well.

angieluv wrote:
Glad to hear that she's better ..poor girl

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
She's seems be the most lively when it's time to be feed or your offering her a banana chip. She knows how to look depressed :sigh2:. But her spirit is still high :)

tonyshuman wrote:
Poor girlie. I don't know what it could be, but I hope it's not something serious.

With poor bladder control are you concerned that she might have problems with sludge? I would be concerned about the calcium in the alfalfa pellets. I know she might need some more protein to keep weight on, but the high calcium in those pellets and the kale and parsley might not be helping. The blood work will help you determine how her calcium levels are. Sorry to go off topic, but sometimes having mineral levels off can lead to seizure, I think.

I'm not sure about her whole situation--do you expect EC at all? I don't remember her whole situation correctly.

When I took her in Friday, I asked about the blood work and She said it looked good nothing unusual about it.

For the bladder it's just that she Urinates on her self.

EC is not expected to be the problem here. We don't believe she's having seizure's. We suspect it's a pinched nerve that causing a pain reaction for her. That's why gets these spells.

Oh, ok. Perhaps the pinched nerve is also making it difficult for her to control her own bladder. That's got to be a tough one to treat. I'm glad that her blood work looks good. It sounds like me that you can only try to keep her from being in a lot of pain and perhaps have some painkiller on hand in case she has another episode like this one. I don't really know of any treatments for pinched nerves other than muscle relaxers and supporting the limb so that it can go back to a normal position. Massage may also help. Sorry for my confusion.

Latest posts

Back