Monsters biting/twitching

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So Monsters was stinky so i gave her a bum bath but as soon as i put her in the water she started biting me and trying to bit herself. She's never done this before and looked really scary to me. Looked like she was twitching.

So I stopped it and grabbed a towel to dry her off and she wanted none of that starting biting me again, so I put her on the floor and she hopped away and seems fine, she's cleaning herself now.

She's been acting weird since I got home. She was trying to hump Fluffy which she would only do if she was trusty so i put fresh water out and she didn't want it. I have noticed that when she drinks her face is wetter than it should be, like it's not all going down.

I'm worried for her.
Rebecca

I have her up on my lap now and seems fine.. I guess I should try and make her an apt on Monday when I take Fluffy in. She was to go as well just for the Mite treatment but I think she should be looked at as well. She I email my vet about this??

I gave her 9ml of Pediaylte a few mins ago. Can I give her as much as she will drink??

I'm sorry she's not doing well :(

You were thinking of taking her in anyway with Fluffy; I'd definitely do that.

Keep us updated!

Update. After PM Randy back and forth it sounds like Monsters might be going threw E.C. again. As of right now I put Monsters to bed 'cause she was showing sign's her back end weakness. I just finished cleaning the cage so do you think I should leave Fluffy out tonight and so I can watch Monters intake and output more closely?? I don't have a spare cage her anymore but I could get one tomorrow i'm sure from mom and dad.
I gave her some more Timothy pellets can I add some Alfalfa ones also?? Considering her age and she's has lost weight on her last visit I was told.

I would maybe give her some extra hay ..may be a little canned pumpkin in a bowl (if she like it);
if Fluffy has been left out before that would be fine so that you can better monitor Monsters.

as long as she has been out alone by herself and can lie next to Monsters cage.

I think that was the right thing to do. You can start monitoring intake and output after your dad brings over another cage.
No sense stressing out both of them:?

Just got back from the vet. Monsters dropped in weight again she's weight's 1.73kg was 1.84kg back in November.

The vet has put her on bed rest for a couple of weeks and was put on medicam 1.5ml for today then 1.1ml for the rest of the week. To see if that makes a difference.

The vet said she still had good range in motion of her back legs and maybe her hip is sore and thats why she freaked out.

Here are the two videos.

[ame=http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq-5YErYcvA]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq-5YErYcvA[/ame]

[ame=http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=1ekrHLc6xiI&feature=related]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=1ekrHLc6xiI&feature=related[/ame]

ETA: Forgot to say I am having blood work on her done to make sure everything is still functioning well.

The vet didn't say anything about the diet. But for Monsters losing weight isn't a good sign for her age. But what are some good options to help her gain weight? Right nowI feed for Timothy and Alfalfa pellets. All the Timothy hay she will eat and 1 or 2 pieces of Cilantro or Parsley. How much pellets should I feed her?

I, personally would give her some rolled oats and you can give her more cilantro and parsley maybe a few different veggies like romaine , a little kale , all the timothy hay that she can eat . You could also give her a little Nutrical which is a nutritional supplement in a tube used for kittens and puppies but some of us use it on rabbits to stimulate appetite and for wt gain.

How much alfalfa pellets are you feeding her presently?:?

I was only feeding her about 1/3 cup of alfalfa pellets thru out the day.
Mom gave me some oatmeal so I will give her a little bit of that.

The only reason I don't give her more veggies is because it doesn't agree with her tummy. She gets runny stools after she eats more than few pieces of parsley.

angieluv wrote:
Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Yah for the videos it is hard to see but if you click on more info on the top right she tells you what to do.

angieluv wrote:
Thanks for the videos ..it was difficult to see where she was exerting pressure on the bladder

DUH!!! :biggrin2:

thanks
Yep not a problem.

Latest posts

Back