Momma rabbit bleeding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h2ofrq1

Reaction score
I have 3 does that gave birth 4 weeks ago. In the last week 2 of them have started having blood in their urine. Should I be concerned? I haven't ever had this problem before; however, I haven't bred that many rabbits. Both does are eating well and nursing their babies. One doe has 4 babies and the other 7, and she's especially skinny. Any ideas?

Certain foods in the diet can cause darker orange or reddish looking urine. Blood in the urine would be hard to detect just by looking at it. However, if you're still concerned, I'd recommend seeking veterinary assistance. If it is blood, this isn't something we can diagnose or recommend treatment for here on the forum.

Ok well after reading your post and googling orange pee I have come to the realization that it is from eating carrots and sweet potatoes. thx for your help I feel much better

Ok well after reading your post and googling orange pee I have come to the realization that it is from eating carrots and sweet potatoes. thx for your help I feel much better
--not to criticize,but sweet potatoes are on the no-no-list,and carrots as a treat try this link http://www.bunnybunch.org/rabbitcare1.html or house of rabbit society sincerely james waller :heartbeat::flowerskiss:

If the mom with 7 babies is very skinny then that's making it especially hard for her healthwise. Are you giving them a high protein pellet?

The mother is getting a high protein pellet. I finally discovered while the mommy was out playing away from her babies that it is the runt bleeding. It appears to be deformed in the genital area.

Latest posts

Back