Momiji

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misty

Reaction score
Momi is an older buck, we're not sure of his age but his previous owner said he was 8 years old. It's hard to believe because he has so much energy and doesn't act like a senior citizen at all.

My stepchildren's mother adopted Momiji from a friend about four months ago and very soon afterwards she had to quickly move out of her apartment. She asked us to bunnysit until she was settled in at her new home. We've actually been bunnysitting for twice as long as she'd had him!

As a very kind surprise, she decided to offer him to me for my birthday this year so now he's here to stay.

I never knew rabbits could be so cool! We trust him more than the dog to not make messes while we're away. He's only attempted to chew on cords once and it was during a temper tantrum, not really to try to eat it.

From the moment we're up until we either leave for work or to go to bed Momi runs loose around the house. He hangs out in the living room mostly, just chilling with the cat on the back of the sofa or playing tag with the dog.

I never knew rabbits could be as docile and affectionate as this boy and I feel so lucky to have him in my life.

Update: On Monday, November 4th, my fianc was working from home so, as usual, Momi was loose. He hardly moved all day which was exceedingly odd. He'd had a busy weekend so we assumed he was just tired from all the activity. Monday evening we realized that he was more than just sleepy, he was lethargic. He began to fall asleep with his nose in his water dish and when we brought him to the sofa to get him out of it he had a very large bout of diarrhea. We put him in his carrier and rushed to the emergency vet. By the time we arrived he was mostly gone. While I still feel overwhelming sadness and guilt that maybe I'd waited too long, the veterinarian assured us that he was full of tumors and just far too old. He suffered respiratory and cardiac arrest within minutes of our arrival at the vet's.

Momiji is now buried under his favorite prune tree in the backyard but he will live on in our hearts forever.

8815258923-52529771b7-b.jpg

9679230001-f4a2a6e625.jpg

9681898496-ea9e34cf1c.jpg

9681912306-4a2cf02bd2.jpg

Latest posts

Back