Molting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anisthelop

Reaction score
Hi all,

Since Anis is my first rabbit, I am extra cautious about everything because I only want the best for her! I believe she is currently molting right now, some photos attached. However, today, I noticed that there is a patch where I believe some hair is missing. Is this part of the regular molting process or something else? Help and advice appreciated!

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0997.JPG
    IMG_0997.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2755.JPG
    IMG_2755.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 8
I wouldn't say it's completely abnormal or a sign of anything dire. It's a little unusual, but molting can occur in strange ways. Keep an eye on the thin spot to make sure it's not spreading. The spot of thin fur looks pretty unusual for any kind of concerning issue, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. Your rabbit looks pretty young from the pic, so this may be a part of the early molting process. I live in the Rockies too and my Willa is also having a very heavy molt, it may be related to the weather as well.

my buns looks feral when they molt, the girl has bald patches everywhere and the boy looks like he's been out fighting all day, so agree with Mac, don't think its abnormal.

Back