Mold in Timothy hay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stela

Reaction score
Hello I found this in Timothy hay do you think it’s mold?

Attachments

• 5F4606C5-3AC0-4C42-BB67-7EA706EF25E6.jpeg
    5F4606C5-3AC0-4C42-BB67-7EA706EF25E6.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 0
Probably. Any white or black spots can indicate mold, which any moldy hay shouldn't be fed to rabbits as it can result in very serious health problems.

https://www.raising-rabbits.com/moldy-hay.html
Probably. Any white or black spots can indicate mold, which any moldy hay shouldn't be fed to rabbits as it can result in very serious health problems.

https://www.raising-rabbits.com/moldy-hay.html
Oh okay thanks for the advice ,I tried to remove the black spot but it’s like attached to the hay so is it mold?and I tried to remove all those part from the hay is it okay to use this one till the new hay I order arrive?

If your rabbit has enough other food to eat and will be ok without the hay, I wouldn't risk feeding the hay. If there's mold you can see, there is also mold you can't see in the entire batch of that hay.

But if you have no other choice and you have to feed some of the hay until your new hay comes, just know there is some risk to feeding it, and pick through it carefully, removing the hay strands with any visible mold.

If your rabbit has enough other food to eat and will be ok without the hay, I wouldn't risk feeding the hay. If there's mold you can see, there is also mold you can't see in the entire batch of that hay.

But if you have no other choice and you have to feed some of the hay until your new hay comes, just know there is some risk to feeding it, and pick through it carefully, removing the hay strands with any visible mold.
Okay yes I picked up all of those part the rest of the hay ,the rest of the hay look normal but there are a lot pieces that are like that

Latest posts

Back