Mochi won't eat the new Papaya tablets!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mochi_ball

Reaction score
For over 2 years she's been given the orange oxbow papaya tablets as a treat. Recently oxbow decided to make these new ones that are white colored. I don't know what the real difference is between the orange and white one are except the color but SHE refuses to eat the white ones! I've mixed the new white tablets with the leftover orange ones we have leftso that they smell the same but she CAN tell the difference and just refuses to eat the white ones! Why did oxbow decided to change the papaya tablets???? :?

I'm upset about the change too. My buns used to go nuts over the old Oxbow tabs. They turn their noses up at the new ones. Maybe if sales drop off severely, Oxbow will go back to the old formula.

Evidently, they also changed their apple-banana critical care. A friend of mine got a new bag and her bunny just didn't like it as much. She called customer service and they told her that they changed the product.

Why fix it if it isn't broken?

Ugh and I hate that you can't buy the 500 count papaya tablet bottles anymore either. Now I can only find the small bottles and they are more expensive than before.

I got a reply from them regarding the papaya tablets. I guess I'll try those options they suggested.

Dear ___:

After running into some unexpected manufacturing challenges with the previous product, papaya tablets, we embraced the opportunity to go back to the drawing board. In the process of solving our manufacturing problems, we improved the product. Some of the improvements in our new Papaya Fruit Plus product include the addition of added active enzymes which aid in digestion, and the removal of artificial color. We also put the product through extensive palatability trials to ensure a great tasting tablet.

[size=Certain small herbivores are shy by nature and initially may resist change. Our recommendation is that you practice patience with your pets and allow them time to adjust to the change in their routine. While it may take your pet some time to adjust, there are certain tricks you can try to help your animal adapt to change. For instance, you might try the following:]

[size=[/font]

• Break the tablet and offer your pet a smaller piece. Leave these pieces in your pet’s cage and give them a chance to try it.]
  • Try coating the tablet in a flavor that your pet is accustomed to and likes, such as rolling the tablet on an orange.
  • [size=Hide the tablet in the animal’s hay and allow them to sneak up on it.]

Diane Bloch
Communication Coordinator
Oxbow Animal Health
29012 Mill Road
Murdock , NE 68407
ph. (800) 249-0366 ext. 113
fax (402) 867-3222
[email protected]

[size=[u][url]http://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com[/u]]
[/url]

Latest posts

Back