Mocha's new luxury cage!!! *with pictures*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gacktoholic96

Reaction score
img0299o.jpg
Hey, all~ Thanks for letting me show off my bunny's new cage~ Thanks to everyone in Morgan's cage who gave me suggestions where to buy the grid thingis.

I have a question though, and I'll put it here first so everyone can see. At target I could only find metal grids with a paint over the metal... as you can see from the pictures, it's white. I am afraid the paint will come off when she bites the cage and ingest it. Do you think this is a concern?

Anyway, off to the pictures!

img0299o.jpg

I don't have measurements but the grids are 14in on each side, so you can figure how big the cage is =D

That's my bunny mocha half lying on her food plate -.-;;;; she also likes to sit on it and become a blobby bunny. I don't know why.... maybe she likes the cold feeling on her butt =D
img0298l.jpg

The reason why there is an extra grid in the middle is so that the cage doesn't bend out of shape. That extra grid keeps all the other grids straight and together so the rectangle shape of the cage doesn't turn into a misshaped circle. At first I had a roof overhead, but I took it off so that it'll make it easier for me to go inside and clean, but the roof is what kept the cage's shape and when that was gone, Mocha pushed the edges of the cage with her nose and thus made the rectangle into a funny oval, haha. So that's how I came up with the idea of putting an extra grid over the intersections.

Yeah, that's a beer mat.... haha, at first I had the brown ones that say "Welcome to our crib," (lame, I know, but it was $5 at Target) lining her cage, but the words CRIB is printed with some rubbery material for friction for shoes, so I thought maybe it'd be uncomfortable for Mocha. The only other cheap rug at Target without rubbery paint were rugs printed with beer logos, lol. Oh well, she can't read, and it seems comfortable enough for her =)

Mocha is definitely a lot happier in her new cage, which makes me very happy. Before, whenever someone would pass by her smaller cage she would clamor all over the thing and bite the wire out of frustration when no one would let her out, but now she is content where she is and only occasionally climbs and bites her cage to come out and play.

Looks like she's ready to curl up with a "cool one". She probably likes the plate for the same reason my bunnies like the tile--it's a lot cooler. Great looking habitat. I go to the carpet stores and they usually will give you remnants or left overs for free--also, they have those little rectangle samples and toss the out of date ones, so, free is free.

Nancy McClelland wrote:
Looks like she's ready to curl up with a "cool one". She probably likes the plate for the same reason my bunnies like the tile--it's a lot cooler. Great looking habitat. I go to the carpet stores and they usually will give you remnants or left overs for free--also, they have those little rectangle samples and toss the out of date ones, so, free is free.
What's a cool one? You mean a boyfriend? =D Mocha definitely needs a friend... I would adopt another bunny tomorrow, if I could.

I didn't know bunnies like cool floors! I just thought my bunny was weird. That's really cute though, haha, I learn something new about bunnies everyday...

I like the mats because they're easy to take outside and shake them or put 'em over the rail and beat them like a rug.

Later I want to figure out how to layer the mats so they cover the entire floor of the cage.

Btw, I forgot to mention this, but I put a partial roof and extra boxes on top of the blue box so Mocha won't climb on the thing and try to jump over. I don't want her to get hurt >.<

I'd suggest putting something over the electrical socket so she doesn't get too curious. JMO. Maybe child outlets like the ones with the sliding cover that way you don't have to pry out any plastic caps everytime you need to use it. lol.

Stone_family3 wrote:
I'd suggest putting something over the electrical socket so she doesn't get too curious. JMO. Maybe child outlets like the ones with the sliding cover that way you don't have to pry out any plastic caps everytime you need to use it. lol.
She can't reach it, anyhow,and her nails aren't long enough, but it's a good precaution

Back