Mocha is getting spayed today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trixie

Reaction score
Of course I'm a worried bun mom so I was just going to ask to send good thoughts her way please. I'll be on egg shells until they phone to tell me how it went. Hubby just dropped her off.

The vet just called, she's pulled through and is waking up, now they want to watch her until early evening. :) I hope she doesn't need a cone, they said if she licks her incision she will have to have one.

Make sure they give you metacam when you bring her home. You could ask them for no chew vet wrap to put around her belly instead of the cone. I tried a cone once and it made my rabbit so depressed I had to take it off.

I agree no cone. I had to get one for Shiny Things after her spay. She had it off in 10 minutes. While she had it on she was SOOOOO depressed and frantic. She HATED it.

Good luck with the spay :) I have had that done to 2 does.

Yup we have Metacam been through this before. lol She's quiet right now but we're watching her and I have some critical care encase. I'll keep you all posted. She gets more pain meds at 7pm. She ate a bit of hay and went into her little box to lay down. Poor girl. I always hate doing this to my animals but I am HUGE on spay & neuter and I know the health benefits for a female rabbit and all the behavior ones as well. My male is a way better pet being neutered. :)

Update: Mocha is nice a spry today. She's eating hay and her usual greens but not so much her pellets but as long as her gut's moving, we're feeling a lot better. We're watching her like a hawk and making sure she gets her .047mls of Metacam. :) She hasn't touched her incision (yet) so no collar or anything on her. She's in my bedroom so we can see every move. Right now she's in her litter box (it's clean with carefresh and hay in it) and seems very comfy in there. You'd think we just brought a new born baby home. hahahaha Love her so much!

I'm glad she seems pretty well. How is metacam administered? Is it a liquid?

I'm glad she's doing great!

yes, metacam is a liquid. here's a video on syringe-feeding... at some point in the video, it shows how to administer liquid meds. you aim for the gap between their front incisors and back molars and squirt the meds in side-ways :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iGZVYVm5Bg[/ame]

Latest posts

Back