mobile vets in Denver area?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyluvns

Reaction score
Hi, I'm brand new here & am wondering if anyone knows of any bunny vets in the Denver area who make house calls?

My 10 yr old mini rex has had a lot of dandruff lately & I'm worried it could be mites. She's indoor only, but we have lots of wild rabbits in the area & mites may have hitched a ride in on my dog.

I'd really rather not stress her out by taking her to the vet if there are any who make house calls. If not, can anyone recommend the best bunny vet they know of, specifically on the west side of Denver (Lakewood)?

Thanks very much!

This is a link to our rabbit savvy vet list for Colorado which is a compilation of lists from elsewhere on the internet as well as our own members experiences. There is at least one mobile vet on the list although I'm not sure how close they are to you. If there is a vet that you have a preexisting relationship with who has seen your rabbit in the past, they may be willing to prescribe a parasiticide without actually seeing the animal although obviously a physical exam and a skin scraping to look for mites would be the best course of action.

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f21/co-rabbit-savvy-vets-10070/

Welcome to RO and don't forget to post in our introductions forum too!

Thank you so much, I appreciate it!! I'm ashamed to admit it, but in all honesty I haven't had her to the vet since I got her spayed when I adopted her about 7 yrs ago :time: Thank God, she's always had excellent health.

But at her age I can't take her good health for granted anymore. I'm determined that she's going to start getting regular vet care! :sickbunny: Thanks again for your post, you've helped me immensely! I will definitely post in the Intro section when I get home tonight, just taking a break from work right now.

Missyscove, I just wanted to say THANK YOU again for providing me with the list of bunny vets in the Denver area!!

I've been so terrified that either Bunny would have a heart attack on the way to the vet from stress, or the vet would find something seriously wrong with her & I'd have to make a decision about putting her to sleep. Which was kind of an irrational fear since she appears to be in excellent health. But at her age (about 11 now) you just never know.

But FINALLY I made an appt. with the 1 mobile vet on the list, Dr. Allen Cahill. What a wonderful doctor! He came to my home last Thurs. evening & did a very thorough exam of Bunny & thought she was in very good condition for an 11 yr old bunn!

No lumps or bumps, THANK GOD, & her heart sounds good.

She does have cataracts & her eyes are a little dry & he recommended an over the counter eye drop to lubricate her eyes.

He doesn't think her dandruff is excessive & is almost certain she doesn't have mites - YAY!! But he did take a couple samples of the dandruff to check for mites & also to check for bacteria or fungus.

He also took a sample of her droppings to make sure she doesn't have internal parasites & also to do a nutritional analysis. I give her papaya every day but he thinks she might benefit from a supplement that has more enzymes in it.

We decided against doing a baseline blood work up at this time. He thought she might have to be sedated for that & she was already kind of stressed as it was. So sometime in the future I'll have him come back & do a blood draw.

So now I'm just waiting for the results of the dandruff & stool samples. I'm just so relieved that my bunny finally got a check up & no serious problems were found!

And if it hadn't been for this list of vets you provided I'm not sure I would've ever known about Dr. Cahill. I really think Bunny was MUCH less stressed out than she would have been if I'd taken her to a clinic. And Dr. Cahill's prices are VERY reasonable. Also, he has a very kind, reassuring manner & took the time to answer all my questions. You can tell he knows a lot about rabbits.

Sorry for the long post. I'm just so thrilled to have found a good mobile vet for my bunny!!:jumpforjoy:

Latest posts

Back