Mites!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskylollipop

Laura the Bunsnuggler
Reaction score
Found some tiny black crawlies in the bunnies' area today. Why do we suddenly have mites?? Did they come in with the hay? The cat?

I don't see any dandruff or droppings on the bunnies though. What should I do? :( I'm totally clueless.

Really? They were very very small but visible. I could see a couple of them crawling on Sasha's cardboard house. They didn't look like fleas or jump around, just tiny fat insects with short legs. So I kinda guessed mites. Does that sound like something else?

Gah I hope not! I don't think so though, they were super tiny and easy to squish, and ticks are very hard if I recall correctly. I can't find any now, but they were loaf-shaped and had really short legs.

You can see some types of mites they are really small tho like really tiny! You can get a might and mange spray that should kill any of the little buggers that are left

are they aphids or tiny bugs off weeds or plants you feed to your bunny???? i know i pick lots of thistle for boomer which is COVERED in aphids.

surf: But I don't want to get toxins on the hay, are sprays bunny-safe?

BigBunny: I don't think so... aphids are see-through/green right? These were black. Black and evil looking. I hope they are just harmless bugs. My boyfriend is totally icked out though. He is incredibly paranoid about being bitten by bugs.

Mite bites are nasty, I have had a few it's a bit gross! I normally get the small animal 'mite and mange' spray from the local pet shop it's normally with the cage cleaners and small animal wormers ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403428541.535639.jpg

we get black aphids here.... on my hibiscus flowers/plant and all over the dandelions.

Latest posts

Back