Misty is in Stasis

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dajeti2

Reaction score
Misty was fine this morning. She hastotally stopped pooping and won't eat or drink. I tried all herfavorite treats but nothing. She was completely listless. I havestarted treating her two hours ago. The vet is on vacation untilWednesday. So I am doing all I can for my baby.

She has shown the tiniest bit of improvement but still nopoops. I am so scared I may lose my little angel. I will be on only fora few minutes to update y'all. she just had her first dose of pelletslurry and she took it well so I am trying to stay hopeful.

Tina

Tina I'm sooo sorry to hear Misty'sgoing thru this! My prayers are going out tonight for ya both.. I knowwhat the gi stasis is like.. my snuggles goes thru that everytime hismolars get too bad.. I know this may not help, but my vet says toalways have Oxbow Hay Co.'s Critical Care on hand.. says it helps clearthe digestive track and get everything moving..

:pray:lots of them for ya both.. poor baby! hopingshe pulls thru this.. vets are always outta the office at the worstpossible moment!! :disgust:

:purplepansy:Mandy

Tina,

I'm praying - keep us updated.

Peg

Oh Tina !!!

I really feel for you and for misty. I hope for you both that Misty gets better.

My thoughts and Prayers are with you.

:hug::bouquet::kiss::pray:

Sadly there isn't much to update at thispoint. She is drinking a bit on her own but it's no where near enough.I am syringing everything to her. The vet called me and said therereally isn't anything they can do for that I'm not already doing.

I can't stop crying. I am so scared. I know I have to thinkpositive but I am terrified I am going to lose my baby. She knows I amtrying to help her because after every treatment she just lays thereand snuggles a bit.

Thank you for your prayers. Misty really needs them right now and I appreciate it.

Tina

Adding prayers over here in Camelot.

You have Pedialyte? Canned Pumpkin?

The extra fiber in the pumpkin can help and the pedialyte to keep her hydrated

And the baby gas medicine (cant spell it)

Arggggg why didintyou call me last night !!!! I left amessage with Dale to have you call when you getback from the store . Keeping youand Misty in prayers ,

Let the phone ring enoughto pick up the number a=oncaller ID and I will call you right back .

Keep thosepositive thoughts going Tina. Don't think bad stuff around that baby!:XDon't forget the pumpkin and the nutrical. And I know thepineapple juice is controversial, but if it hydrates her and she likesit and it has calories.... you might try it too.

Prayers from here.

Raspberry

angel.jpg

Ditto what Gypsy said about calling her! Me too!!

How's our little darling this morning?

She's such a pretty little girl. I'm praying along with allthe others. You know what you're doing. Just keepdoing it. Do you have simethicone going into her?How about some tetracycline? You know my number if you wantto call - day or night.

-Carolyn

Thank you so much. The vet and I trulydidn't expect her to make it though the night. She was dehydrated andcold.

I have her in a large cat litter box with a heating pad underhalf of it. I want to keep her warm but not over heat her. I haven'tslept. I've been giving her a pellet slurry, Gatorade, infant gasdrops, fresh squash, watermelon to keep fluids in her, pineapple juiceand hay.

She passed one super tiny poop. The vet warned me and said thatwhen they are this young they go down hill terribly fast and it isincredibly difficult to get them back. I value his honsty but it hurtsso bad right now. I am scared to death I am going to lose my baby. I'mnot ready to say good bye but I think she is.

Your prayers have brought her this far and I am more grateful than words can convey. Thank you all so much.

Tina and Misty

You and Misty are in my thoughts.Sounds like you are doing all you can. I would justkeep feeding her with the syringe. I used gerber baby food(veggies only) when my rabbits had it. Also, you want to makesure that she doesn't stay still for a long time. Make herwalk around.

*The following advice taken at own risk* My vet gaveme a drug called "Cisapride" (sp.). This drug was used to getthe GI tract moving again and I was told to keep using it until theystarted pooping again. The dosage was .7 ml for a 3-5 lbrabbit.

Again, I am not a vet but am only telling you what my vet gaveme. Use this info at your own risk. Hope everythingworks out for you. :pray:

Sharon

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

How's my little girl doing? I so love Misty! We're praying for her here.

And Tina, how are you doing? I hope you got some sleep!

Lots of love and prayers,

Angela, James, Mocha, and Loki

:pray:

I'm so sorry that Misty is not feeling well.

Prayers and good thoughts sent your way!

~Jim

I will pray that Misty is all right. I hope she pulls through.
:pray:

She passed one super tinypoop. The vet warned me and said that when they are this young they godown hill terribly fast and it is incredibly difficult to get themback.
I would take her passing anything as a positive sign...just hang inthere and keep doing all that you can for her; you're fighting forMisty just as much as she is fighting! And yes, what your vet said istrue, but it is also true that they can bounce back just as quickly andsurprise us all. So keep on with the positive thoughts andvisualizations (picture her in absolutely perfect health). She has alot of people praying for her, and she has a fantastic mom taking careof her.

Huge(((HUGS))) for you, Tina...

~Di

Latest posts

Back