Miss "marks alot" and where can I get cheaper hay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenissi

Reaction score
When I got my year old spayed female a spayedmale companion from the shelter a month or two back, I expected littlechange in my costs, after all, the house rabbit society web page saidtwo bunnies eat little more than one. Wrong!Together, they eat four times as much hay as my one did (I fill uptheir hoppers twice a day). Probably because she was very shyand moved very little, but he's brought out the beast in her, and nowthey run around much more, using extra energy I'd assume.They can not be left alone yet, because they still fight, and my femalehas a rare skin disorder that causes any little nip to result in a hugetear; so they take turns running around the room, one in the morning,one in the evening. Wheneverit's herturnout, she marks all around his cage like the world'scoming to an end, and I'm constantly cleaning it up. Willthis stop when they become closer? It's not a potty problem,because she uses her litter box just fine (they have 5, one in eachcage and 3 around the room) Is she trying to keep Peter in his place bysaying this isher territory? Their cages have beennext to each other for like eight weeks now, but she still makes abeeline to his cage and starts peeing and pooping.

In addition to that, I'm getting light in the pocket buying timothy hayat the pet store in 96oz bags ($15). They eat that up lickitysplit. I've found it much cheaper on the web, a 25lb bale for$22 bucks, only problem is it costs $30 bucks to ship it!Anyone know of a place driveable from Chicago where I could get hay bythe bale? I'd like to save a few dollars where Ican.

I'm looking for cheap hay too, but it soundslike you are paying way to much. It should cost about $16 for9 or 10 lbs.locally and online. It shouldn't costthat much to ship.(http://kmshayloft.com/)I've decided to go buy by the bale which is about 65 lbs. for around$10 to $15 at feed stores.

Are there any horse stables or feed stores near you?

Hopefullyonce she gets used to him being around she will stopmarking as much.My two intact females don't mark theirterritory much, and it's been a couple of months now since their cageshave been close. In the beginning, there was A TON of territorialdroppings and pee.

Good luck finding the hay and bonding! :)

Check the classified section of thenewspaper.even city papers have hay listed for sale.you might have toodrive too the country but its worth it.bluebird

Latest posts

Back