Mischievously escaping wall eater

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebel

Reaction score
hi guys, I’m pretty new here as well as to being a bunny owner so I need some help with 2 issues.
1st my rabbit has now grown and learned to jump out of his pen. He only does it at night after we go to sleep. (Sneaky). We built him a 6ftx4ft area out of wire storage cubes. He has learned to either use his litter box or hidie hut as a platform and he scoots it just right and makes a running jump and over. (Yes I put a camera on him to figure this out). Then when he gets out he eats the corners of the walls throughout my entire house. I’m so upset with him and I need to find solutions fast because we love him would like to fix this quickly.
Thanks

Can you use more wire cubes to create a ceiling for his pen? My bunny doesn't jump out, she climbs out, so she cannot be trusted in an uncovered play pen. I thought of using the wire cubes to make a top for the pen but due to a lack of space I need the pen to be flexible and moveable. Is this an issue for you as well? If not, maybe you could try to cable tie more wire sections across the top of your bunny's pen to keep him inside.

You could also consider purchasing corner edge protectors for your walls. Many of them are self adhesive and you can stick them to the corners of your walls to discourage him from chewing.

It’s 2. Learning from my mistakes daily. Lol. Thank you, rebuilding pin today!

I’m so frustrated, I can’t get the grids to stay up at 3 high. Suggestions?

Latest posts

Back