Miscarriage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

latashianicole

Reaction score
My English Angora doe is currently bred with her first littre. Was bred 3/14 so she isn't due for at least a week. Today I noticed a small puddle of blood in her cage. My first thought was miscarriage. Blood definitely came from vaginal area.I don't see any partially formed kits though. Miscarriage? Stuck kits? Semi-normal? I've raised a whole lot of bunnies but this is new territory for me .

Wish I could help. I've had to deal with pretty much everything else related to pregnancy, but not miscarriages. If it were me I'd be watching her pretty close but I'm not sure there's much you can do but let nature take it's course. If you have a rabbit savy vet you could call and ask advice, or if you know another breeder they might be able to tell you.

It's so bizarre. I've never dealt with anything like this, and there is so little information online. I don't mind losing the litter because of course that happens but i hate to lose my doe. My rabbit savvy vet says all should be fine..but it definitely isn't something i've ever seen.

Latest posts

Back