Mini Rex

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
OMG! I know what you mean now that Rex's and MiniRex's have the softest fur everyone! A guy came over to pick up ourrabbit hutch as he is watching one for a few months and needs it. Hebrought his littlecharcoal grey (blue?)Mini Rexover, even though he had no clue what breed it was, Isuredid. He got it from a pet store and I know they aremostly mixed breeds at stores (at least here)but this onewas, without a doubt, a purebred Mini Rex. He had the softest fur andquite small in comparison to my 2 boys. lol, I just had to share that.I want one!

Yes, just like velvet. I was holding Spice in myarms and I could pet him, then pet Madison (the Mini Rex, his ownerthought he was a girl, oops!) and it made it really easy to compare thefeel. The coats even look different, it's shorter than myboys. I thought my boys had the softest coats in the world,boy was I wrong! lol.

I have two mini rexes male and female,and they are quite different. The male is exactly what everyone isdescribing, the velvet fur. The female however is different in size,and the fur is completely different. Is it possible that the female isnot a pure breed? I realize there are many different types of rexrabbits i'm just curious. I have some pictures to post maybe someonecan fill me in.

Thanks, Lydia

May need an expert to answer your question aboutthe difference in the hair.....but I, personally, would think that theone is not a purebred Rex of any kind. The Rex is known forthat particular velvet coat. I don't have any Rex of any kindright now. At one time, several years ago, I was trying tobreed the "Velveteen Bunny".....the coat of the Rex and the ears of theLop. I ended up with one that was exactly what I was lookingfor...a buck...but had no female of that cross to breed with.He was solid black, with the Rex hair and the Lopears...beautiful. Before I could breed again and see if Icould get a female, he took sick, and I lost him. Someday,again, when I get done with school, I'm going to try for this crossagain.

If your doe has different fur than your buck thanit is definatly a mixed breed. All rex and mini-rex have thesame rex fur. It is what makes them rexes. Thereare no other breeds with this type of fur. Donna

Our Henry's a Rex and he has lovelyfur! Really soft and I love the way it wrinkles when hemoves. He also has a ginger bit behind his ears that's allunkempt and it's really soft.I love feelingit! LOL

Latest posts

Back