Mini Rex

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver Star Rabbitry

Reaction score
What do you look for when trying to find a show quality Mini Rex?

Emily

Definitely look at the MR standard and read through and see what a good show quality rabbit should be like.

I personally want great density to the fur, and a real nice plush coat, too. I look for well rounded hindquarters and great shoulders, head and ears. Personality is a plus, too, but type should be most imporant. Most Mini Rex already have a superior personality anways, ;).

Emily

Have you ever had any breeding issues with them? How many kits do they usually wean?

Emily

Well with most does new to breeding, you will usually lose the first litter. Other than that, I have not had any complications. With Sage's first litter, which she lost, I think there were four kits; as well with her next live litter, there were four. Mini Rex are a dwarf breed though, so they are susceptible to having peanuts, which will most likely die within the first 2 weeks.

I'd take a guess that they can have anywhere from 3 to 6 kits. ;)My doe birthed 4 and weaned all 4 out of her last litter. ;) Hoping for the same with my upcoming litters!!

Emily

Latest posts

Back