mini rex

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbit_whisperer

Reaction score
Hi I have a male chocolate mini rex,A mini rex just the same and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the breeds standards.(I'm not a first time mini rex owner but my other one was a little bit of a mixed breed.)

Jd and demitry.

Do you have some specific questions that we could help you with? The ARBA Breed Standards are ARBA copyright and cannot be copied and published online. (Not to mention the fact that it would be a lot to type LOL)

Weights for senior bucks are 3 to 4 1/4 pounds. Does 3 1/4 to 4 1/2.

Juniors cannot weigh mroe than 3 3/4 pounds and must weigh at least 2 pounds.

There are 16 varieties.

The balance of the points are on general type, with fur being the second consideration.

The body type is compact.

Max. ear length is 3 1/2 pounds.

Pam

ARBA Judge :cool:

Well he's a four months old and weighs 4 pounds.

Well Someone told me that to eneter your bun in a show they have to be2 years old I dont buy it,but of course another person said you can show them at 3 months oldbut yet another person said that they have to be 6-7 months old....:faint:

I'm telling ya It's so confusing and all the people I asked are rabbit breeders so I dont know what to do,The main question is there's a county fair coming up and I'm planning to enter him in it but do you think thats to much for a 4 month old to handle?

4 months is fine. As a general rule, we don't show anything before 12 months of age, after the juniors have molted out their baby coats.

The maximum weight on Mini Rex juniors is 3 3/4 pounds, so you need to "bump up" your junior to senior class. (This is allowed in some breeds including Mini Rex).

You'll also need to double check your fair rules.

Pam

I think the confusion comes in when you're trying to determine the rabbit's Showability - meaning how well it will compete.

Jr's tend to be placed lower in the class due to lack of maturity in coat, and sometimes even in type (out of balance due to growth). However, if you place a Young Sr (between 6-12months), it will likely place better being in a mature coat and finished any odd ball growth spurts.

There are some Jr's though that do exceptionally well - those are the lucky ones that mature quickly and get a nice finished coat on them by 3-4 months of age. However those also tend to have a quick, nonlasting show career as they don't seem to keep the same showability once they reach Young Sr age. :?

But you can show a Mini Rex at any age as long as it is a minimum 2 pounds, but no more than 3 3/4 poundsas a Jr. Once your bun reaches 6 months, it must show as a Sr. up until it reaches top allowable Sr. weight (that is as long as it makes minimum Sr. Weight).

~Sunshine

Back