Mini Rex Questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopsandLops

Reaction score
How common is the color Castor? We, as a rescue, have seen right now 15mini rex rescues, all but 3 have been Castor (even my old man Snickers is Castor, he is the only reason I know the color), and I was just wondering if it was Common.

We have a shelter pull that only has a very tiny, like half inch, tail, it doesn't seem to from an injury. Is there anything else that could cause that?

I've got broken castor boy... pretty common, I think... around here, anyways :)

Ok thanks, I thought so, but never really put thought into it before now. My Snickers was the first Castor I ever saw, he is very dark too, and the shelter we adopted him from was the people that told me that was what that color was, so I just know it, I do know other colors, but I double check on line.

They may be "common" to you breeders, but they are not common as adoptables at all anywhere in the US(which is a very good thing!!). I want a Castor Rex Female, kinda bad. Hardly ever see them:(. I think Castor is the prettiest of the colours, then that reddish/orange!

Well right now we have three, two adoptable. They are both girls, very pretty and sweet. And well very castor. My favorite color has to be Red, hands down, but can't find any near here.

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
They may be "common" to you breeders, but they are not common as adoptables at all anywhere in the US(which is a very good thing!!). I want a Castor Rex Female, kinda bad. Hardly ever see them:(. I think Castor is the prettiest of the colours, then that reddish/orange!

Eat your heart out!

Sparky:

Sparky0274.jpg

Scooter:

IMG_0856.jpg

I would have loved a Castor Mini Rex here, too. I never see them in rescue. I see people with brokens, but I've always wanted to a little Bo B Bunny (or a Scooter or a Scone -- is Scone a Castor?)

Red is nice, too. :) And of course Harlequin. My heart bunny was a Harlequin. :(

If it wasn't for Aurora369 and 'our' mini-rex rescues (from the same source), I probably wouldn't see any non-broken mini-rexes around here at all. Not a lot of mini-rexes, period.

sas

Oh what pretty babies! I will try and get a picture of Snickers tonight, I don't have any recent ones. He is a "big boned" boy. He is really dark for a Castor, but still Castor.

Latest posts

Back