mini rex "knees"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniLopHop

Reaction score
Silly question, but how can you tell if a mini rex has sore hocks or just sparse fur on theknee part of the back legs? There's an area of about a pencil eraser in diameter that doesn't have fur. It's on both back legs right at the joint. The skin might be slightly red but looks rather normal. I tried to take a picture but it totally didn't turn out because he refuses to stay still.

Gary is 8 months old, neutered,and free roam in a carpeted room. There's nothing sharp that he would be standing on. He is currently molting. Everything else is normal.

He hates to be restrained so I would prefer not to put ointment on it, but I do have A&D cream if he needs it. It is clearly not infected or open in any way.

Sorry, uppon further reading it is the heel, not the knee. His weight is fine at just over 3 pounds. The litter box has horse bedding pellets with hay on top. He has blankies, cat beds, and my bed to jump on or rest on when he wants them.

Latest posts

Back