Mini rex/flemish mix??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunniesohmy

Reaction score
So just out of curiosity, I was wondering what a flemish mini rex would look like? Do they have the rex fur? Has anyone cross bred these before?

The rabbits won’t have Rex fur but will be Rex gene carrier, so if the mix rabbit breed with a Rex rabbit or another Rex gene carrier they might get rabbits with Rex fur. It’s because the Rex fur gene need to be a double set otherwise it won’t show because it’s not a dominant gene.

The rabbits won’t have Rex fur but will be Rex gene carrier, so if the mix rabbit breed with a Rex rabbit or another Rex gene carrier they might get rabbits with Rex fur. It’s because the Rex fur gene need to be a double set otherwise it won’t show because it’s not a dominant gene.

Oooh! Ok thanks so much! Would they have the flemish size, or be somwhere inbetween?

I don’t know about sizes that good but I think they would between a flemish giant and a mini rex, only seen 25% flemish giant and 75% Rex they was bigger than a normal Rex but smaller than a giant.

The Rabbitry and Show Room section would have experienced breeders who may be able to provide further insight. I don't know much about breeding at all other than the female would have to be the Flemish Giant in such a pairing (female should be larger). Pretty sure it's risky to have a mini or dwarf doe breed with a Giant.

Latest posts

Back