Mini Rex Breeding Question?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeha, Marble was bred to a broken Brown and produced Mr. Butter, who is Poppy's father and he's a tri. I've bred Poppy to Choclate, opal, and blue.

I've only gotten a few non showable ones
with the Cocolate(Blue harlequin or blue tort, not quite sure which)
With the Opal (Broken Opal charlie)
With the blue (Charlie broken Chin-still figuring that one out)

mistyjr wrote:
i like the tort, tri, Red, castor, blue,
Tri to tri would be best.

Castor to castor would be best.

With blue, they can be bred to black and chocolate.

I'm not sure how easy the reds and torts are to find here....

Red to red would be best

Torts to tort or black.

castors in michigan are the big color group, also black

so if you want to start off with great stock at a reasonable price, i would suggest picking one of these 2 colors.

also should note that my advice is don't go color crazy, when starting a new breed pick one, maybe 2 colors and work with them untill you really learn the body type and lines of the breed.

you will find that the torts and reds that you buy wont compete as well on the table right off. not as many people are working on them.

but i must say that torts might be my fav color on rex fur. blue torts are to die for. . . so pretty!

Yeah. There are tons of blacks and castors! A few blues and chocolates... There was only 3 other blues at the show last year when I showed mine. I got that one from Mary and I got Lance, the chocolate from Mary too. There are a ton of Mini Rex people there. You will have many different lines to choose from. I'll try to see if I can help you find the better known lines.

Latest posts

Back