Mini Rex and Standard Rex

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
standard rexes are pretty big, i'm not sure how you would tell in a new born rabbit though. i have a standard rex and she is at least and probably more than, ten pounds.

Standard Rex:
Bucks: 7 1/2 to 9 1/2 pounds. Ideal weight of 8 pounds.

Mini Rex:
Bucks - average weight 3 - 4.25 pounds

Standard Rex:
Junior Bucks- Under 6 months of age, not over 8 1/2 pounds. Minimum weight 4 pounds.

Mini Rex:
Junior Weight: Minimum weight 2 pounds, not over 3.75 pounds.

I hoped I helped.!!! :biggrin:

Two bucks

P1010344.jpg

P1010329.jpg

Doe

P1010368.jpg

Do your rabbits have pedigrees? If so than from their parentage you should be able to tell if they are of a certain breed from the paper work alone.

However in general,a standard rex is quite a bit larger, in fact twice as large as a mini rex, and they are built slightly longer in proportion, both in body and ears.

There's just not a lot of breeders out there that does those colors. I breed Mini Rex's in Chinchilla. My doe had 2 babies 1 chin and maybe a seal or black. And My broken black doe is due monday with a Chin buck..

mistyjr wrote:
There's just not a lot of breeders out there that does those colors. I breed Mini Rex's in Chinchilla. My doe had 2 babies 1 chin and maybe a seal or black. And My broken black doe is due monday with a Chin buck..

I am looking forward to seeing what colours come out of that litter hehe:biggrin:

Back