Military Owner

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiroun

Reaction score
Well I had a nice long intro written out, but accidentally ctrl+W'd off the page. ****.

I'm a two rabbit owner. I used to own, breed, and slaughter meat rabbits for food. I'm definitely not against it, but as I'm in college now I have no time to breed, clean, etc.

Anyway, I had three rabbits, but one of them had a very bad incident during bonding and needed to be put down expeditiously. She tried to jump the 48" x-pen and got her rear foot caught. It compound fractured and degloved. She didn't suffer long, don't worry.

My current rabbits are an adorable chinchilla purebred doe and an obnoxiously cute purebred lionhead buck. The buck is neutered, the doe isn't. She's begun her mounting behaviours so she's going in for a spay in a few days.

My current apartment doesn't allow animals (actually it does... for an extra $50 a day), however it was either bring them or cull them.... I chose the prior. I'm bringing them home in less then a week, as i've been here with them for almost 6 months now. Once I return from my 4 months of training (in late may, early june), I'll be bonding a third rabbit to them...or potentially 2 more rabbits. it really depends on the situation. My new apartment I'll be living in come June does allow rabbits, so that's a plus. Definitely need males or fixed females. Males are easy to neuter, as i've done them before (in NZ rabbits neutering has given me a higher yield on food), without hurting the rabbit as I have all the necessary equipment.

Attached are my two rabbits, Princess Monster Truck on the left, and Misha on the right.

I may upload a photo of the rabbit who didn't make it.

Actually I won't. Cheers!

photo (2).JPG

Princess Monster Truck is probably the best name ever.

The girlfriend calls her Bella (to go with a theme from a show we watch together), so Princess Monster Truck is really her nickname, but I don't think I've called her Bella...ever. Even when I made the appointment for the vet tommorow for her, I gave her name as PMT.

Hell yeah.

(It seems I can't edit? )

So I forgot to mention. The two of them get along quite amazing well. Misha is the submissive one, albeit that may change tommorow when princess gets spayed. It was pretty great, I got her after him, and he wasn't neutered yet. He tried to get her pregnant multiple times, but she was too young for it (thank god).

Anyway, the day of his surgery I put a haybox outside the pen, and closed him in. He went NUTS. He wanted to be with his partner. So, I gave him what he wanted, and he went over to her, flopped over, and passed out for 5 hours.

Literally.

The two of them have great synergy. Rarely do they argue, although she's a bit mount-y the last few days because of her hormones. It's kind of early to have her spayed, but it needs to be done or the bond will break.

Latest posts

Back