Might Have To Find My Buns A New Home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kricket

Reaction score
I don't know what to do! I might havetofind my buns a new home:(. I hope to not upsetanyone, as I do not think of my animals as pets, they are familymembers. I can't afford them, or shall I say I can't affordall of these vet visits. Before I got my babies, I accountedfor about $200 a month of 'disposable' income. Last month, Ispent about $120.00 on Shorty in vet bills. This month, Ineed to take them both in for cultures. (Sidenote)My little brother crashed my mom's new truck last night.Everyone is ok, thank goodness! But, I had to pay for a towtruck, which was $66.00. I HAD $100 that I was going to puttowards the vet appointment today, but I am really short on money untilThursday. My vet did say not to worry and I can bring them inon Thursday, as she is not terribly worried because they are notsneezingor having rattling noises in their chests.I will take them in, but I am so saddened and worried about future vetissues. When researching and deciding on bringing bunnieshome, I knew vet visits would be necessary, but never knew how oftenthese visits would be needed. Am I doing somethingwrong? Why are they always sick? Help me,please. I don't ever, EVER want to lose mysweeties. I love them so much and they bring me so muchhappiness. They make me laugh everyday. They loveme when I have had a bad day. They consoled me when my dogdied. They are (kinda) like my bestest buddies! Iknow there is not much to say. But I appreciate youlistening. I know you all love your buns. I guess Ijust had to share my sad story with all of my friends here.Thanks! Hugs!

(((Kricket)))

I truly do hope that it never comes to you having to give away yourrabbits. I'm afraid I don't have a lot to offer, but there is onelittle suggestion I have if you are open to it. Simply affirm each andevery day that your bunnies are healthy and strong and fine, and thatyou have an abundance of financial wealth at all times. Createaffirmations and repeat them several times a day every day, even if youdon't believe them. I am a firm believer in affirmations, that wecreate our own realities, and that if we focus upon fears and worries,we are actually keeping it in our lives. But if we shift our focus tothe more positive side, then we slowly bring about the change into ouractual physical lives. And if anything happens, such as anotherunexpected bill, don't give up on the affirmations...keep on with them,and try as much as possible to believe them. But don't *look* forsudden changes in prosperity, etc.; just focus upon the affirmationsand the positive aspect.

This all has to do with the power of positive thinking. It's cheap(lol...affirmations are free!) and easy to do. Give it a try if youthink it will help. I believe in them, and I think it will help you, solong as you don't *expect* certain outcomes...just believe in whateveryou affirm as if it is already there. The transition may be slow, butchange will come, if only you believe (sounds like a line from PeterPan :p).

:)

Geesh Kricket...I don't know what to sayeither!! I truly hope you can get this worked out...I understand as I'mup to in excess off 700 on Corky in the last month and a half..luckilyon the surgery portions he's letting me make pmts...the rest I've beenable to keep up as its happened...(meds and such..) I truly hopesomething can happen to change this for you...I'm also lucky and caneasily work OT as needed...is that an option for you?

I am sorry to hear that you are having so manytroubles. I been lucky and my bunnies i have now havent beensick. Not to say my day wont come someday.

Cristy

((((((Kricket )))))) : howawfull for you , Vetbills can scare the life out ofus on a constantbasis , I know thismay sound a bit off thewall but its worth atry anyways , : Could you possibly askyour Vet if there is somewayyou could work off some ofthepayment a bit , like areduced fee If you were tosay come in and clean cages ,sweep floors orsome small odd job that neverseems to have time for ?, Its certainly worthasking about , I know not allVets will go along with something likethat but you never know , MostVets realize how peoplecan get strapped for moneyand some are willing to work with you .Its certainly worth askingabout .

Is there some way you can trade services (akabarter)? Maybe you could clean his business a few times orwash his car or help catch up on filing or something?

Peg

Buck gave me a number that helps cut costs ofspay/neutering like a charity care type thing...i dont know if they areonly for NJ, but if you called them they might be able to provide youwith another place that can help with the vet bills...here is what hegave me

Local organization called Animal Birth Control, Inc. "brokers" most ourneutering procedures for about half the going rate. It usesthe services of our own veterinarian of choice, so it is a win/win forus. If and when you should elect to neuter Freddy, contactAnimal Birth Control, Inc., P.O.Box 353, Pine Beach, NJ 08741 and speakto Maggie Trengrove, President, 732 269-8793 or one of her associates,Ruth, at 732 240-2402 or Ginny, at 732 349-5898.

i hope that can provide some help... or maybe you can google animalcharity care and get some numbers...in any instance, goodluck and ihope you dont ever have to give them up!!

tiffany

Kricket,

Years ago, my favorite male cat started urinating blood. I was deadbroke and could barely afford to keep my head above water. I calledevery vet here in the Valley (I know you are in Tucson..) Anyway, noonewas willing to assist me, except one.... a vet out in Mesa. He told mehe wasn't concerned with the payment and just to get my guy in ASAP andwe would figure payment out later. Well, I did pay him, and I paid inhim in excess when the time came. I promised myself that I wouldcontinue to use him, despite the distance, because of his obviousconcern for my animal. Sadly, I didn't keep my promise - shoot, I mayhave trouble remembering his name, but I can look...? I dunno even ifhe tends to bunnies.... But, I can look.

Incidentally, Bassetluv's response may initially sound kinda O/T, buthe/ she is right, as life has taught me. Things ALWAYS have a way ofworking themselves out, provided you do what is right. As, LDSfollowers often say "Choose the Right". It'll all work out.

Oh Kricket, I am so hoping that you don't haveto get rid off your babies, for your sake and theirs. Iknow sudden vet bills are a nightmare. Is there any rabbit insuranceavailable to you? I know they don't help with ongoing problems, but areso useful when a sudden, major problem crops up. When Pernod was ill,the vet bill came to the equivalent of $380, but the insurance paid for$300

Jan

Oh Kricket. I'm so sorry.

Whether you have rabbits or not, you still have a friend inme. I'll say some prayers for you and yours. I knowhow you love your charges.

-Carolyn

Kricket, I am so sorry that you are having thesetroubles. Everyone else has offered some really goodsuggestions and I don't have any advice to give. All I cansay is keep your chin up, girl! I know you can get throughthis!

Thanks so much, Everyone! You all gaveme some great ideas! I love these buns and I will do anythingI can to make it work. I never thought of petinsurance. That is worth a shot. I also, didn'tthink of bartering with my vet! The suggestion of washing myvet's car was GREAT!! (My brother works at the car wash):) I do have fill-in part time work. AND I was justoffered another part-time job, which I am considering. Onlydownside of the new job I might take is that it will TOTALLY cut intomy morning play time with the buns. It is amazing howdifferent one can feel about a bad situation after advice is offeredfrom great people. Thanks SO much. I truly do feelso much better. Thanks for understanding!

Love & Hugs!

Might be worth cutting into morning playtime forawhile if in the long run it allows you to keep them, hopefully this $issue is temporary!!! Glad to hear you can hopefully work itout! Keep us posted!!

Oh Sweetie, I just this. No way are you getting rid of those angels.

Here is a legitamite pet insurance company. I am going to begetting this when I have Cowboy and Wooly Girl for two months. It'sabout 10 a month and should help/

BunnyMommy research tons of companies and found this one to be the best.

http://www.petinsurance.com/coverage/exotic.cfm?a=CAFCC346-802A-228E-62284204F9CE71AC&b=CAFCC356-802A-228E-6CCBF6D89FF86B12&c=CAFCC365-802A-228E-6CA87E8449076441

I am so glad everyone was able to give you really good ideas.

Tina

Kricket, When one of my friends inAlbany, NY was just starting a new job, Animal Lovers League in GlenCove helped her out with vet care and other things for her cat. Shesays they were wonderful to work with and incredibly helpful.Their goal was to help her keep her cats until her new job startedpaying. Since she has a good job now, she has repaid the caremany times over.

If you are in that part of the country, it may be worthwhile contactingthem to see if a grant loan for animal care is available.

http://www.animalloversleague.org/

This page has information about their Help Line. They may know of resources where you live.

http://www.animalloversleague.org/animals.htm

Good luck with your bunnies.

Kricket,

Congratulations on the new job offer!!

In no way do I mean to minimalize your financial concerns. I have beendown and out in my lifetime, so I am very sympathetic to thatplight.... nonetheless...

I was just looking at several of your recent posts. Darn, you have gonethru alot lately : Pastel, the upcoming birth of your sister's baby(Congrats on being an aunt, BTW), reservations about your currentemployment, maybe even more. I point all this out because sometimes onemore concern becomes amplified because of all of the other baloney.

Keep us posted on the new job!

Oops, I just wanted to append to my previouspost. Please DO NOT think that I meant that the baby was "baloney" - Ijust know that new arrivals can be stressful on the family and pregnantwomen can be rather tough to deal with (Just ask my husband!) There hasjust been alot going on in your life.

Back