Might have a job lined up!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosmosMomma

Reaction score
Getting a job has been almost impossible, since I don't have my HS Diploma or GED (yet). Recently though I've been checking craigslist's childcare section and found someone looking for childcare for their 3yo little boy. Ironically, she lives just down the street from me, so we're going to meet at the park sometime this weekend when it's not raining, so I can meet her little boy, and if everything works out I'll have a job :D

Fingers crossed for me! :pray:

I'd love to be a full time nanny, but I don't think I could handle being around the kids THAT long.

I love toddlers, infants not so much. Not a big fan of elementary school kids either, mainly past 7 though is when they start to get a little "bratty" for my tastes.

:bump

I got the job, but unfortunately it's only on an "as needed" basis, so I interviewed for another family in the same area today. Hopefully I get this one, cause I reallly want extra money lol.

It's $75 a week, taking the older kid to and from school, and watching the younger one all morning and both all afternoon until 6 when their mom gets home :)

Only bad thing is their dad is a steelers fan lol.

Congrats on getting the job!

And there is nothing wrong with being a steelers fan! The hub is from Pittsburgh, don't let him hear you talking about them! You're probably an eagles fan right? Being close to philly and all.

CosmosMomma wrote:
:bump

I got the job, but unfortunately it's only on an "as needed" basis, so I interviewed for another family in the same area today. Hopefully I get this one, cause I reallly want extra money lol.

It's $75 a week, taking the older kid to and from school, and watching the younger one all morning and both all afternoon until 6 when their mom gets home :)

Only bad thing is their dad is a steelers fan lol.
Do you guys not have minimum wage requirements in your state? Not to rain on your job parade but 75$/week seems really low if you are looking after them(assuming) 9hrs/day(morning until 6pm) 5 days a week. Thats only 1.67$ an hour! If you just need a little money then think about starting a pet sitting business. I make more then that part time pet sitting with a lot less work. Plus its way more flexible then baby sitting so I can also have a regular part time job too.

Also, if you decide to nanny make sure you have contracts, waivers and/or insurance. Also something in writing that says how much you make and when you get paid. Just like in pet sitting you need to CYA in case something bad happens.

We have minimum wage Valerie, but this is only a temporary job until I get my GED so I'm okay with it. I still live with my parents right now and I'm looking for something temporary to cover my phone bill and vet bills should they come up. Once I get my GED (or maybe before, since holiday hiring starts soon), I'm going to apply AGAIN for every retail store in the area.

And Morgan I'm not an Eagles fan :p I'm a Ravens fan!

When her hubby came back she was like "Hun she's from baltimore" lol and he's like "why'd you even let her in the house?"

I love the good natured rivalry we have going. :D Tell your hubbs his steelers are going down when they meet the ravens again :D

Back