Might be adopting this poor lil boy!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1357bunnylover

Reaction score
My cousin got a baby bunny a couple of months ago but the her son was allergic so she found a new home for him and added the new owner on Facebook, I think the new owner completely forgot that my cousin was friends with her on FB because she put some awful discusting pictures up of her holding him by the ears, her putting him on a trampoline and she had obviously jumped on it to make him go flying, and a video of her son holding the rabbit by his back legs and laughing at him kicking his legs!!! :( :( so my cousin immediately asked for the bunny back (Cookie) and gave her a mouth full! She has now asked me to take Cookie on because she knows that I have bunnies and take care of them, my male bunny Buckley hates other male bunnies, but I think he's gonna have to get used to I've living here, I'm meeting him tomorrow and I know for sure I'll just bring him home! :) but some people do make me sick, why would you do anything like that to a poor bunny! :X

Wow not only am I shocked that someone would do that to a defenseless bunny but how dare they set an example for their child showing that it's acceptable to treat an animal that way. That is awful, that poor rabbit.

It's it just discusting! My cousin sent me the videos and pictures, I only opened one picture and couldn't look at the rest. She said to my cousin, 'I thought you were supposed to hold rabbits by the ears?' And 'we were told that if you couldn't catch a rabbit you grab hold of its back legs!' As if!! My cousin wrote her a care sheet and stuff and about the trampoline thing she said he was playing and he liked it!! OMG :X some people are so stupid!!

My word! It doesn't take someone who knows rabbits well to know they CANNOT be treated like that! It's so easy for them to break bones that way! Good thing you may be adopting it! hope all goes well!

1357bunnylover wrote:
It's it just discusting! My cousin sent me the videos and pictures, I only opened one picture and couldn't look at the rest. She said to my cousin, 'I thought you were supposed to hold rabbits by the ears?' And 'we were told that if you couldn't catch a rabbit you grab hold of its back legs!' As if!! My cousin wrote her a care sheet and stuff and about the trampoline thing she said he was playing and he liked it!! OMG :X some people are so stupid!!

Now this is just plain stupid and careless. It's all-to obvious that you can't handle a rabbit that way, and that just makes me so mad! GRRR.... :X:X

wow, that poor rabbit! I'm SO glad that woman was stupid enough to post that crap on facebook so that the rabbit could be taken away from her.

I would have been hard pressed not to beat that person to a pulp! I would have definitely reported them though, for animal cruelty. Would have served them right!

I'm glad that at least Cookie is no longer with them, and will now be coming to your home where he'll be loved and well cared for.

I agree that if anyone is so stupid to post photos of them abusing an animal, those photos should be used against them and be reported to animal cruelty. So glad that you are getting him. Poor wee animal.

Please please please report her for cruelty! Imagine what happens next time the kid wants a pet! They'll think picking up a cat by the tail is the way to catch it!! So glad you're bringing in Cookie.

Yeah my cousin went to the RSPCA and showed the pics, there is an enquiry about it now, so hopefully something will be done about it! I'd love to just hold her by her ears and see how she feels!!

Yeah, i mean, that's just not realistic for someone to think it's okay! I can only imagine what would've happened to Cookie if she wasn't rescued! I don't think the lady was being stupid, i think she was being lazy and cruel! :cry2

How AWFUL!!!!!!! I agree that that woman needs to go to jail for animal cruelty. I am a firm beleaver that whatever you do to an animal you should have done to you. So if you beat it then you should get beaten. If you do not feed it or give it water for a month then you should not have food or water for a month. etc....

Good for you to get it. We know that you will give it a great home :)

Ugh. Really some people. Let's hold her son upside down by his legs and see how much he likes it.

Annnnyway. Glad he was able to get out of that.

I don't know.. My cousin isn't getting told much, all i know is that the woman also had a kitten and the kitten has also been taken of her now. Hopefully i'll get some more info!
When i get Cookie i'll put some pictures up :)

Stupid people make me so angry! Do they think animals can't feel pain and terror? Poor Cookie is going to have PTSD, but I'm sure you will help him through it. Sophie was picked up by her ears before I got her and would flinch every time I pet over her head to the ears. Rabbit massage really helped her learn to trust and now she loves getting her ears gently rubbed, I think it helps take the bad body memories away. The relaxed rabbit is a pet massage book and dvd that can teach you how to do it.

The RSPCA probably can't discuss active investigations. It is a good sign that they took the kitten away though. I really hope she can never get an animal again and the children learn that this is not appropriate behavior.

I guess people who act like this believe humans are "superior" and animals are dumb without emotions. It makes me so angry! Rabbits are so sensitive and emotional if you just slow down and open to the connection. Sorry, I know you know, I'm just frustrated. Bless you for taking in poor wee Cookie!

Wooow...that poor little guy :( I hope you take him in and show him a good bunny life! He probably only knows fear right now >:[

I wish people would grow up and take responsibility when they decide to get a pet instead of just doing whatever they want for their own entertainment...ughh this kinda stuff makes me soo mad!!

So am i!! He has been staying at the shelter so they can keep an eye on him for a few days and they are wanting to see if he has any health problems so have been doing some tests on him. Hopefully i'll have him by the end of the week! :) Can't wait for him to know what love is and not live in a tiny 3ft hutch. All he needs is some love!

Back