Midnight Bunny Attack!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninetoes01

Reaction score
my bunny doesn't have a cage, and decided last night that it would be a great idea to jump on my bed (as he often does) and I'm really not sure what happened... but I woke up to being boxed in the face by some bunny claws...I don't get it! He just got neutered, and this has never happened before. Heck - it might not even ever happen again! But I do have some scratches on my face. This is very strange, my bunny is usually very affectionate. Could he have just maybe jumped up, not expected me to be so close, and got scared?

!!!?!

Anyone have experience with something like this? (please don't tell me to get him a cage - I'm aware of the consequences of not having one and I'm more then willing to face them)

Was he boxing you before you woke up? May be he climbed up there to see you and you moved and freaked him out and he started boxing. Did you forget to feed him or refill the hay or water? lol. It sounds like you have a very loved bunny so I wonder if he wanted you up to play? Do you snore? May be he got up there, you started snoring and freaked him out. I am really not sure but whatever he was upset about, he was letting you know. I can't imagine being woke up to a bunny boxing me in the face. Not a nice way to wake up for sure.

I would wait and see if it happens again. If it happens again I would probably gate off the bed so he can't jump up there. Or set up a bunny camera and see what happens when he gets on your bed that could be making him do this and then may be you can figure out how to avoid this from happening.

Hahaha, Bayou has done it to me twice before. The first time I think he was trying to wake me up. The second, it pitch black in my room, and I was sleeping on the wrong side of the bed. He jumped right on my face. :grumpy:

My guys will do this in an attempt to wake me up so that they get fed. For this reason, we keep the little bunnies (Ben and Frida) in the bedroom and the big bunnies (Tony and Muffin) in the living room. That way we don't get jumped on. Frida can and has gotten up on the bed at night, but they don't do it regularly, since it's so high up. My big guys now know they can make lots of noise to wake me up, though. :(

lol well sounds like it's a common occurrence! I'm sure it was nothing, but if I find out more, I'll write
lol... they are funny little guys aren't they?

lol I have no idea! He could have been concerned that I was going to push him off the bed... That would be cool if he would sleep with me, but his fave spot is under the bed. More like a tunnel I guess!
This morning he took quite the interest in my eyelashes lol... I didn't let him get closer than a sniff though, I'd hate if he thought THEY were tangled too and started chewing on them...
Once my rat passes away, he will have the other room all to himself and I will be able to sleep in peace! (morbid thought - I know)

lol he did it again... twice in one night. I have a cold so I took a sleeping pill. Normally I wake up as soon as he hops onto my bed, but I guess if I don't, he boxes my face... lol

Mine jumps on the bed and licks my face in the morning if he wants to be fed. Cute.

Back