Midas and me :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and a story I thought I'd share

I have been working at a small pet store for a year now and have finally been promoted to manager. Well I was working the other night and had to kick a customer out for the first time. So this group of teenagers walks in and asks for something and I go to get it and one of them walks over to the rabbit cage and reads our sign that says "please do not hold animals, pet them only" sign out loud and then picks the rabbit up by the EARS and then starts squeezing it around the belly. The rabbit is freaking out and starting squealing and I scream at her to put the rabbit down as I'm running over to get and it and in the rudest possible way she replies "I can pick up the rabbit if I want to". Thats about the time I tell them to get the hell out of my store and never come back (in a lot more words that were probably inappropriate at work). The poor bunny was ok, but was scared to death. I had to take a break I was shaking so bad. I wanted to kick her teeth out. People are so heartless.

Little brats :Xnice job, you showed a lot of restraint!

I had to chuckle about the phone book. My buns love to shred them, especially Daisy and you could not see the bottom of her cage because of the shredded phone book.

Sorry about the birthday dinner that is too bad. Sounds like you will make it a special day regardless. I hope he has a nice birthday.

Thanks :] It's going to be fun either way. We are going to a japanese steakhouse.

We are expecting ANOTHER 6-8 inches of snow tonight. This is a ton of snow.. I need to get a better car!

Midas escaped his cage last night as soon as I got into bed. I'm laying there about to go to sleep when I hear the crinkling of plastic bags so I get up and turn the light on and there is Midas looking all cute. I picked him up and put him back into his cage after which he demanded at least 15 minutes of nose rubs.

I love him!

I don't bake..always turns out with the fire alarm going off -.-

And snow sucks...just attach a plow to the front of the car you'll be fine!!!

And ya...I had to kick out customers before who were being abusive to the animals...teasing the birds to make them freak out. It's hard to not be able to say what you want to because you have to respect the customer....I understand how hard it is to have that much restraint. It's truly to bad people are like that.

Midas definatly has you owned!!! Is he not ready for free roaming yet?

No, not ready for free roam :/ I havent bunny proofed every room yet, and he likes to chew on cords so I need to make sure there is no way he can reach any of them. He will be free roam soon enough though.

Cords must taste good to rabbits. I plugged in the vacuumto finish cleaning the bunny room today. Pudge was out enjoying her run time and I walked back in, she was grabbing the cord and trying to move it.

LOL ya...thankfully Fallow doesn't go after them like he used to. I am fully comfortable with him freeroaming but when it comes to Mimzy she is a terror....destroys EVERYTHING.

My parents kicked me off of there phone plan so I had to go get a phone yesterday. So I get home and I'm toying eith it and realize it comes with a wallpaper of these two ADORABLE little baby harlequin bunnies. It made my night :)

Which pet store do you work at, if you don't mind sharing? The only one I can think of that sells rabbits is Jack's Aquarium. I shudder every time I go in there because of the horrible living conditions of the bunnies.

i work for complete petmart. We aren't national, just mainly in ohio and a few stores in kentucky/west virginia.

I HATE jacks. They treat their animals HORRIBLY and have terribly customer service. The first rabbit i ever got was from jacks and it died in three days. They sold it to me sick. :/

Speaking of work, i had these two ladies come into my work the other day getting some cat stuff. While they were in the checkout line they started talking about how the ones daughter got a free rabbit at a fair and how when they got home the rabbit just kept trying to squirm out of the little girls hands so she hit it on the head really hard and killed it. They were LAUGHING about it (the one replied "betcha it isnt squirming now"). I couldnt believe it. I was IRATE but of course I couldnt say anything.. but oh did i want to. It made me sick. stupid people

wow...ya i work at a feed store and we dont sell animals thankfully. but i get to hear some pretty nasty stories sometimes. most of my customers know i have rabbits as i bring them to work but some ruder ones are super ruel about it

I've kinda given up on trying to bond them. I'm going to let them do their own thing and hopefully they will learn to trust each other by themselves and one day I can start letting them together during bonding sessions and they will just be happy. I'm a wishful thinker, but nothing I do seems to work with them

thats to bad that the bonding is going well...maybe with time theyll slowly fall for one another.

So i know its been awhile, so I figured it's time for an update (for anyone who still cares).

As for what has happened in my life, The fiance and I broke up and I moved home with my parents for a little while until I could afford a place of my own. I wasn't able to take the rabbits at this time, so they stayed at Davids. I finally moved into my own place about a month ago and have been making arrangements to get Midas (I am now in school full time- 18 CH- and work 40+ hours a week, so I am a busy girl). David did not want me to take Sasha, they bonded after day 1, so I agreed to let him keep her since Midas and Sasha still hate each other after a year.

I finally got Midas last night, and he seems to be adjusting well, although I can tell he is stressed and doesn't feel "safe" here yet. Midas' urine scald that we've been dealing with for weeks seems to be clearing up, I'm just hoping that moving doesn't stress him out and make him start peeing outside the litterbox again ::fingers crossed::.

So I'm now back down to one bunny, and I'm going to miss Sasha. She had the best personality and was a great rabbit, but she loved David and I didn't want to take her away from him.

I am sorry to hear that your engagement is off.

Thats great Midas's urine scald is clearing up. After a couple of weeks he will claim your new place as his own, he may just be deciding on how he wants to arrange things.

I spent HOURS the other day making a stormhaven litterbox. Ruined a pair of my favorite jeans in the process (and have callouses on my hands from the wire cutters). I finally got the litterbox done and all put together and was super proud of myself. I went to bed and what did i find when i woke up? Midas tore the grate out of the litterbox and spent (what look like) the entire night throwing it around his cage. It now has several holes in it :X :X. He decided he liked it better as a toy.

He also decided it would be a good idea to steal the bag of rat food out of my hands and run around the living room dumping it everywhere while I chased him. I spent 20 minutes cleaning that up. He is such a naughty bunny!

Good thing is, he seems to already be adjusted to the new place. I think he likes it better here than the old apartment, he is finally running around binkying everywhere, I haven't seen him do that in awhile :)

Latest posts

Back