Mickey's Great Escape!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dootsmom

Reaction score
Every morning, at the crack of dawn :?, I openthe front door and let Oreo & Frenchie (they are waitingthere!) and give them their morning run. They usually stayout for about an hour and come in on their own. Then, I closeoff the kitchen (where Oreo & Frenchie like to stay) and letGinger out for her run. She, too, comes back in on her ownwhen she is ready. Then, I go outside & close thedoor behind me.

This is Mickey & Maizie's time to come out. I opentheir hutch door and firmly place a eight foot plank/ramp in front ofthe door for them to come out, on their own. Mickeyis always the first one out! Maizie takes her time, sometimesnot coming out at all. At the same time, I bring Mitzie outand allow her to run in the pen. Today, Mickey &Mitzie froliced by themselves. He runs around the pen, sheruns back & forth after him. Maizie sat &watched! She's a real "home-body"!!!After about an hour, Mitzie was exhausted and threw herself on theground, panting. I put her back in her hutch and wentinside. I looked out the door every now & then tocheck on Mickey.

I was on the computer for a while and when I went to check on Mickey, Ididn't see him! I took the hose out & sprayed all thecorners where he might be. NO MICKEY!!!
:disgust: I looked under the Hydranga as the little buggershave made a tunnel from one side to the other:foreheadsmack:! No Mickey! He was nowhere in theyard! Where did he go :ponder:?

I did not become hysterical because I have learned that rabbits comeback to where they live :D. As I was about to getthe large fishing net (necessary to catch the little buggers), he camehopping up the driveway :runningrabbit:. He looked at me asif to say: "There you are! I've been looking foryou!". He hopped over to Mitzie's hutch and checked on herand then he promptly spun around and hopped back down thedriveway and continued down the street :shock:! Don't worryfolks...I live on a Dead End street with only 4 houses:).Everyone looks out for the bunnies!!!

I followed him down the street and used the net to turn him around andgo home. He finally gave up trying to elude me and ran towere he had gotten out from under the fence :jumpforjoy:. Ifixed the fence and went to feed the outside buns. Mickeystill wasn't ready to "call it a day" until I got to his hutch andbegan my daily cleaning. It was only then that he hopped upthe ramp and laid down waiting for his carrot , as if nothing hadhappened. I love that Bun!!!!:inlove: I wonder whatMickey & Maizie talked about, after dinner?

Dootsmom,

The Missus and I were just talking about Maizie and Mickey, you andBuck yesterday and how you were so great to take the threebabies. She just got done telling me that she wanted to getin touch with you just to see how things were going.

Thank you for this most precious story of the Escape Artist.He has really come into his own at your home. Theway he used to snort at Buck when he'd go to feed him still sticks inmy mind so much. What a little stinker that rabbit is!

You also have no idea how much I think of those 'frozen bunny butts' too. You bring such Light into my life.

-Carolyn

The Missus wrote:
That Mickster......just wants to explore newterritory........maybe he should be called ChristopherColumbunny!!!

Latest posts

Back