Michele's Babies blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michele

Reaction score
I figured it was time to start a blog about my family. Since I am kinda new here I figured I would tell everyone about the entire family.

I'll start with me. I am senior at the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana. I will graduate in December 2008 with a BS degree in Animal Science my focus is Companion, Recreational, and Laboratory animals. When I am not at school I either can be found working on one of the swine farms at school or working construction. I volunteer at the local humane society in my hometown and also foster animals for them.

Now for my babies.

My first one is Yeti my Himmie mix. I adopted him from Happy Tails Humane Society when he was a kitten. He was born at the shelter but he was so big when he was born that we had to take his mom to the vet and none of the other babies made it and we also had to spay the mom so Yeti had a foster kitty mom. He will be 3 in March.

Yeti helping me pack when we were getting ready to move he was 5 months old at the time.
mypets023.jpg

Yeti playing in the jungle
temporaryfile124.jpg

Me and Yeti Last Christmas
temporaryfile012.jpg

Next came Oscar. As far as I can tell he is hound pointer cross. Oscar was thrown in a dumpster right after he was born and brought to the shelter. I have had him ever since. He just turned 2 years in September

Oscar a couple of days after I got him
oscar3resized.jpg

Oscar last Halloween he was a chicken
Oscar.jpg

Oscar on his second birthday
030.jpg

Next came Elliet. I got her in August when she was about 3 months old. My friend got her as a bday present for me! (Of course she knew I wanted one and she did a great job picking her out)

what are you doing mom?
007.jpg

I love this chair!
005-1.jpg

Mom what is this in my cage?
004.jpg

Then last but not least is Tink. I got her last Friday from Champaign County Humane Society. She is around 2 years old. She was cage aggressive at the shelter but is doing great since she has been here.

Tink at the shelter
001.jpg

Tink at home
002.jpg

Now to get the two bunnies to bond:)

Oh wow, those are beauiful pics, what a lovely start to your blog...yeah START to your blog, hint hint, we want more pics.

Its so sad about Oscar, he just looks like such a sweetie! Its so hard to comprehend why humans have to be so stupid. Lucky he has you.:biggrin2:

As for Yeti, wonder why he was huge at birth...he looks a bit a bright spark now, kittens are so gorgeous but now...

ta da..onto the buns... Elliet is the cutest bun name I have heard for a while, I LOVE it
She is too precious...looks like a blue otter minilop but I am no expert! Tink has two for different looks, the shelter look and the "my forever home" look.

I always just want to hug someone who rescues a needy animal.
:hug::bunnydance:

Your experience with aniamls means your pets are in such good hands, I am not sure how much you e to learn about rabbits at your coourse or at the shelter but there is loads of bonding info here on RO.

I have had the best luck with bonding, my BK (RIP) and Jazzy my black minilop fell in love at first sight. I know with two girls it might be harder for you but with both being spayed and with Elliet being quite young, it might go well. Much patience required.:)

Wow...what a gorgeous bunch of sweeties you have!

I just love Yeti's coloring...I'm guessing the kittens were so huge because the mama might've been a smaller breed, and the dad a Hemi...at least that's my thought. Kinda like breeding a larger breed to a dwarf bun...

And aww...Oscar is so sweet...you can see the sweetness in his eyes. I don't know why someone would be so uncaring to such a sweetheart. Why not just bring him to a shelter? Poor baby...but he has such a wonderful life with you now...:D

Elliet...LOVE her coloring and her markings...wow. She's beautiful!

And sweet Tink...looking so scared in the shelter...you can tell she's a sweetie, too.

Your babies are WONDERFUL!! :D

Thanks guys! I think all my babies are pretty special but i may be a little biased;)

I will post more pictures when I can get some more so maybe tonight during play time.

Bonding is going pretty good through the cage they like each other and will lay next to each other. I did try them out together and it did not go so well but I have plenty of time so Im not worried yet.

The needy ones see to have a way of finding me:D

Thanks! I go between Champaign and Sterling

Phinnsmommy wrote:
They are ssoo cute!

What part of IL are you in? Im in Grayslake :]

If you don't mind me asking... :)

michele wrote:
Thanks! I go between Champaign and Sterling

Phinnsmommy wrote:
They are ssoo cute!

What part of IL are you in? Im in Grayslake :]

If you don't mind me asking... :)

Wow, you're not far from me either:shock::biggrin2:. Nice to see you here. Hopefully, we could meet up, with buns:).

I was just in Champaign yesterday for work, at our Corporate office;).

Wow a new year is upon us and it has been a busy one. Time for a little update. There will be new pictures this weekend I promise.

Elliet and Tink hate each other. They fight through the cages and try to bite each other whenever possible so bonding not going to well.

I just finished making a NIC cage for Elliet she loves it. Tink will get one this summer after we move back to Sterling. For now she is in a large dog crate.

Elliet goes in the last week of this month for her pre spay visit and blood work so hopefully the first part of April she will be able to be spayed.

On April 26th Elliet gets to participate in Petstravaganza at the U of I. She gets to Educate lots of families on bunny care. So if any one is in the area of Champaign that weekend the event is free (i believe) to get into and there will be a lot of boths with dfferent activities it should be great fun and you would get to meet me and Elliet!

Again I promise pictures this weekend!

I can't wait to see the photos.

Maybe Elliet will bring some much needed warm and fuzzies to that campus!

You have a good variety of pets there - I bet life is a lot of fun with having so many furry friends to love on...

Peg

TinysMom wrote:
You have a good variety of pets there - I bet life is a lot of fun with having so many furry friends to love on...

Peg
Most days it is great. But there are days when they all decide that they need to annoy me. Like today when Elliet thought it would be fun to dump her litter box 2x. Tink thought she did not need to use the litter box. Oscar thought we needed to play all day so he kept throwing toys at me and Yeti thought that he needed to sit on my computer. All while I was trying to finish a couple of projects and take a quiz:banghead But either way I love them all and there are way more good times then bad

all right here are the pictures I promised!

First is Tink giving me the look for taking her picture
004-1.jpg

Tink exploring all my animals love this chair.
005-2.jpg

Elliet after she bite me because my computer was on my lap and she wanted to be there. I think she is a little spoiled.
009.jpg

This is Hank I am adopting him. He gets to come and live with me in June. I will be home number 7 for him.
010.jpg

Yeti enjoying his christmas present
029.jpg

My bonded pair Elliet and Oscar
042-1.jpg

Aww...your babies are so adorable!! I love Tink & Elliet's colors! :D

And poor Hank...I hope things go wonderfully with him. Poor sweet boy...he's such a cutie!!

And I just love Oscar, too...

And LOVE Yeti's colors!

They're all so gorgeous! :inlove:

Aww, I absolutely adore Elliet's markings, she's so beautiful!

And Tink is a real cutie! I'm very partial to orangy-coloured rabbits.

So I get woken up this morning by a loud crash right before my alarm went off. Apparently I didn't secure elliets cage good enough and when the fat cat jumped on top of it part of the cage came tumbling down. Nobody was hurt but Elliet is angry because now she is in the carrier until I get home from classes I didn't have time or the materials to secure her cage better.

Oh wow! That must've been a SHOCK!

Glad to hear everyone's okay, though...:hug:

Ok.. your on my fav blogs list...

I love love LOVE Yeti..

Oh yeah.. and the buns too..

And so the dog wont get his feelings hurt, pretty fetching pup..LOL

I am partial to weenie dawgs meself.

Latest posts

Back