Mia scalled a 4 Foot dog pen!!AHH!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovethetailyall

Reaction score
Lats Night Mia my Mini lop was in a dog pen..thepen was 4ft 1 1/2 inch about that or more....She was found behind asofa in the morning..(where she loves to go)! I checked her for brokenbones..sore feet everthing...she is perfectly fine! But that iscrazy..its sooo big..and its a straght up jump:shock:

Like comon! Oppinions Please?:foreheadsmack:

Oh wow!

She might have climbed out also. I knew a little baby lop a few yearsago who would climb out of her cage when you left the top open. It wascrazy! She would climb the bars and leap out!

My last foster (my mom adopted him) jumpedstraight up and than grabbed the top and jumped out...several times.Same height as yours. I put a sheet over the top.

That was the cage.

100_4231.jpg

That is the bunny.

100_4210.jpg

Wow!! Clever little bunny :)

Is there anyway she could have actually lifted the base of the cage andgot under it?? It looks pretty heavy and substantial, but it sort oflooks (from the picture) as if there's a gappy bit at the bottom whereshe could perhaps get her nose under and wiggle hard enough that sheactually lifted the cage enough to get out underneath it.

I have no idea how she'd get over the top!!

Cheers
Fiona

My guy we actually caught hanging at the top the first time. The second he was sitting on the top ready to jump.

Spring wrote:
Oh wow!

She might have climbed out also. I knew a little baby lop a few yearsago who would climb out of her cage when you left the top open. It wascrazy! She would climb the bars and leap out!
Katrina will climb the bars and jump out too. I didn't know how she wasgetting out at first because she would lick my face to wake me up andthan I saw her do it. They are smart little things.

lovethetailyall wrote:
BUT SHE CANT CLIMB.... SHE IS WAY TO BIG AND THE BARS AREWAY WAY TO FAR APART!:?
She could climb that. I promise you, after seeing Katrina do it in hers, your bunny could climb that.

lovethetailyall wrote:
but there isent a bar going across she there is nothin tostand on.
You'd be surprised at how high rabbits can jump.

Harper tried to scale our 5 foot farming fence the other day, and I'veseen Chance JUMP a 4 foot playpen gate. So yes, they can jump a 4 footpen without climbing.

unless you are showing a picture of a different pen. The pen you posted has bars going across. I can see them.

Ironically, I caught my six pound mini-lop ontop of her NIC cage about an hour ago. It's not terriblyhigh, but she's not a jumper (won't even jump on the furniture, or offher shelves in the cage without stairs). I'mthinking that she's learned how to climb (or has used those big ears tofly!) I'm going to have to watch her like a hawk until I findshe how she did it, and then make the cage bigger so she can't do itagain.

:surrenderok..im todally freaked out..ahh..mymopy loppy mia..jumping that high! but she is in the basement... sementfloor...no grip.:melodramatic

yes, bunnies can climb and scramble that high -mine has! I had no idea until I actually saw it happening. My bun is a3 lb. Dutch or Dutch/ND cross.

you really need to cover the pen, or she'll try to get out again and might injure herself.

Latest posts

Back