Messy Nest

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hasenpfeffer

Reaction score
My bunny is due to give birth for the second time in about five days and have ben busy building a great nest already. I noticed today that it could use a good clean! Should I clean it up a bit or leave it there? I wouldn't want babies born in poop but I am scared to upset her. She has already growled at me so much I have decided to leave her in her hutch and just visit her daily until she gives birth.

My bunny is due to give birth for the second time in about five days and have ben busy building a great nest already. I noticed today that it could use a good clean! Should I clean it up a bit or leave it there? I wouldn't want babies born in poop but I am scared to upset her. She has already growled at me so much I have decided to leave her in her hutch and just visit her daily until she gives birth.
gestation period is about 30 days,-you donot want to go much beyond the due date,--you can add more timothy/grasses to build up the nest,--hopefully she isnot using the nest box for a poop/pea-box-that would be ugly,--hope this helps--you can also check the rabbit on line library,-for tips--happy mom makes happy babies,--sincerely james waller :mrsthumper::rabbithop:bouquet::jumpforjoy::airborne:

I decided to just carefully pick through to clean it up. Thanks for the advice!

Now she has made a second nest. Did I offend her in some way? Is that normal to make more than one nest?

Now she has made a second nest. Did I offend her in some way? Is that normal to make more than one nest?
--no,-I do-not believe you offended her, she probably just wants to stay busy---might try a mirror,grasses and/or chew toys,,-my buns used to look like bulldozers-running around with mouth full of grasses for a nest--those were the good ole days,--sincerely james waller--:thankyou::pinkbouce::sunshine::waiting:

Back