Message from DaisyNBuster

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QTbunnies

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Vickie and Ryan have asked me to let you know that their computer has broke so they wont be on for a while. Unfortunately its died at the wrong time and they cant afford to get it fixed at the moment. :(

The only chance they will get to post now is if they come round to my house and use my computer. I will put posts up on behalf of them for the time being.

Love

Siobhan xxx

P.S Vickie asked me to ask if anyone knows what she can used to repelflies from the bunnies. She is cleaning them out everyday and everything but with the weather being as it is, flies are hanginga bout. :?I think she said that there has been a post before but she couldnt remember what was suggested.

Thanks a bunch :D

Oh, man!Poor Vickie and Ryan!!! We're going to miss them!:(

Tell Vickie that she can use eithervanilla flavoring or vanilla extract in their water to repel the flies(I use just enough to color the water). Buckgave amore definitive measurement in one of his posts, but I can't rememberwhat it was.

Thanks for posting, Siobhan. We'll use you as our middle-man. You're a sweetheart to help her out like this.

I'd also suggest to Vickie that she get fly strips and hang them aroundthe area the bunnies are in. They can cut down on the amountof flies. You can't spray anything there that wouldn't hurtthe rabbits.

-Carolyn

BunnyMommy wrote:
Oh, man! Poor Vickieand Ryan!!! We're going to miss them!:(

Tell Vickie that she can use eithervanilla flavoring or vanilla extract in their water to repel the flies(I use just enough to color the water). Buckgave amore definitive measurement in one of his posts, but I can't rememberwhat it was.

From Buck:

Iadd approximately one teaspoon of vanilla flavoring extract,real or artificial, to one gallon of drinking water in an effort toreduce fly strike and warbles by reducing the number of flies in andabout our rabbits. Seems that the vanilla odor within theurine andstool is repugnant to flies and tends to drive themaway.

Have only recently learnt about the vanilla from this forum.

Do bunnies not mind drinking the water with vanilla in? I assume they must like the taste?

Does anyone know where you can buy the vanilla from in the UK as Ithink I might like to try some in the summer monthsto keepaway the flies from my rabbits. Although I do check them both regularlythis seems like a good way to repel more flies and so not having toworry so much about flystrike.

I too learned about the vanilla in here anddecided to give it a try. Mr. P doesn't seem to mind the vanilla atall, in fact he seems to rather like it. I seem to be fillingit more often although he does enjoy playing with the water bottle too.I haven't been using it long but I've already noticed adifference. I wish I'd had found this forum sooner.

Foofy,

I suspect most major food markets, like Sainsbury's, would carryvanilla extract or atificial vanilla flavoring. Anyestablishment that has baking supplies would probably have it,too. Your local chemist might have it also, for that matter.

Buck

Buck

Thanks for the info. I am going to pop to Tesco's during my lunch hourtoday and try and buy some vanilla. How many drops do you think I wouldneed to put in my rabbits water bottle, it is about 1/2 pint size, doyou have pints in the US? Anyway medium size for a rabbits water bottleif you don't!

Sue

Latest posts

Back