Merry wont leave Pippin alone

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeanluc_pippen_merry

Reaction score
She has just recently started to try to hump Pippin and never leaves him alone. She is always demanding he groom her by shoving her head under his no matter what he is doing. Even if he happens to be snoozing, she'll just come up to him and shove her head under his and will keep doing it till he grooms her lol.

The past few days they have been "humping like rabbits". I'm used to seeing the occasional hump a few times a day, but this has been almost non stop all day for the past 2 days and Merry in particular has started to hump (or at least try to) hump Pippin alot. She tries to mount him all the time, but Pip always knocks her off, he never lets her hump him.

Is this a sign of Merry's hormones kicking in? Is she asking Pip for some luvin? Cause everytime she tries to hump him but is unsuccessful, he will turn around to hump her and she submits. She hasn't been spayed yet, she will be 5 months in a few weeks so her turn is coming up. Was going to wait till she turned 6 months. Pippin is already neutered so i don't have to worry about any accidental babies.

Oh, dear. This sounds like some awful fan fiction!

I have little experience with rabbits, but what you're describing started happening to my rats about six months ago. All of those hormones start kicking in and they just don't know what to do.

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
Naughty Merry.....It should stop once she is fixed. Fraggles forces her head under our hands for a "grooming" also.
:yeahthat:Once she's fixed it should be find!

Back