Merlin Rabbit in Camelot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pekoe

Reaction score
LovableLops was telling me I should start a blog with all the pictures I have of Merlin, so here we go!

Introducing Merlin..

smallerm2.jpg

2 y/o Holland Lop, born on June 26th 2007.

DSC_4926.jpg

He likes going on walks...

DSC_8632.jpg

Hanging out with pretty girls (species interchangeable)

DSC_8041.jpg

um... stalking? (he sees you.)

DSC_8068.jpg

looking.

DSC_8072.jpg

Hi!

DSC_8016.jpg

And of course running through whatever we put in front of him (sometimes I make mazes/obstacle courses for him. He likes checking everything out and running through the passages!)

Maybe tomorrow I'll post some baby pictures?

Could have sworn I already posted this... but here I go again :?.

Thanks for the lovely compliments everyone =).

Found these really little pictures of Merlin today (sorry, having fun with the glittery text feature on photobucket!):

bunny-1.gif

He's under 8 weeks! This is the visit before we took him home from the breeders (she doesn't let them go before they're eight weeks old).

Merlin spent a good few hours outside in his pen today... making what I can out of the sunny days while we still can! I did have him in my room the other day. He stayed the night inside, nobodynoticed ;). Even though he lives outside, he loves people. Also does not mind the dogs, and particularly enjoys hanging out on the dog beds! He was watching TV with us too and played 'mountain climber' - he was all over us and on the back of the couch. Also was very interested in the ice cream I was eating. He even nibbled (though it didn't hurt) at my hand... I don't think it was a lick either though.??

Good news! Mum is letting me have Merlin inside for a few days... we will see how it goes.
Tomorrow I'll take the dog crate out of his hutch outside and bring it in. I'll also be picking up some wood pellets for his litterbox.
It's getting cold and wet outside. We had the first good rain of the season today, so Merlin couldn't go in his pen.

I'm tempted to get another bunny... but I think I'll sort out this indoor/outdoor thing first. If it does work out, even if he just stays inside for the winter, I will buy one of the Super Pet Giant cages from Petsmart. The only downside is it's quite expensive - over a hundred dollars including shipping and handling. Or I could buy two of them for two bunnies... hmm.

Parents have told me I can get another bunny, but I don't have very much money at the moment! I'm not sure that my mum would be willing to let me have two inside. We'll see. I'm liking this bun:

steeldoe.jpg

but she's $40 from a breeder.

There's also these buns, I like the black otter:
http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/10388002
I'm wondering if the note about the mini rex being used for breeding means the others are spayed/neutered? Or does it just mean they're not breeding quality?

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears - yeah, I love our weather =D. West coast!

So Merlin is safe and sound inside now. It was a long process bringing all his stuff up into my rom, finding smaller containers for food/hay/bedding... I also cleaned everything with vinegar and water.

Pictures!
DSC_9958.jpg

In his cage, flopped out. You can see the two hanging toys I just made - one beside his house on the left, one on the second level. I also added the polar fleece on his shelf (it has little polar bears on it).

DSC_9945.jpg

This is a closeup of the second hanging toy. I made them out of some wood we had hanging around and hemp. This one I also soaked in some wildberry tea to make it more enticing... though he hasn't touched either of them yet. Perhaps once he gets more settled down!

He seems to be feeling a little hot, even though I have the window open and a fan on beside his cage. Hopefully he will adjust over the next few days.

Back