merging my room with my bunnies seamlessly?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to move it, I just bought foam tiles and i’m going to get rid of the cage base and just use a 4 by 4 or a 5 by 5 as I have made a rabbit corner in my room. Is 4 by 4 big enough for 2 bunnies? thanks for all the advice!

Also, Should foam tiles be fine? I was recommended to them from Tyler Rugge's newest video.
Aesthetic Rabbit Enclosure
Should I cover it in case they chew it?
Also, does anyone have any tips to get my bunnies to stop peeing over the edge of their litter box? It is a huge storage container, approx 17 by 24 inches, I thought this was pretty big. 😅
Thanks in advance everyone <3

Also, does anyone have any tips to get my bunnies to stop peeing over the edge of their litter box? It is a huge storage container, approx 17 by 24 inches, I thought this was pretty big. 😅
How high are the sides? I just use some high sided cat litter boxes, and have never had a problem.C20F4BBB-BA58-4D6A-9A18-6DC0C72207BC.jpeg

Also, Should foam tiles be fine? I was recommended to them from Tyler Rugge's newest video.
Foam mats will be good. Only cover them if your rabbits start chewing them. I have never had an issue with rabbits chewing them for fun or out of boredom. They normally leave them alone unless food gets under one of them.
Theo has always peed over the side even though the litter box is 17”x24” (just like yours). I am going to swap to two hooded litter boxes (no doors) after my boys have been bonded for a little longer since i’m so annoyed with rabbit pee getting on the carpet. Possibly a high sided litter box would work?

Foam mats will be good. Only cover them if your rabbits start chewing them. I have never had an issue with rabbits chewing them for fun or out of boredom. They normally leave them alone unless food gets under one of them.
Theo has always peed over the side even though the litter box is 17”x24” (just like yours). I am going to swap to two hooded litter boxes (no doors) after my boys have been bonded for a little longer since i’m so annoyed with rabbit pee getting on the carpet. Possibly a high sided litter box would work?
I’m going to look into getting a higher sided one, Thank you so much!

I had one rabbit that was absolutely obsessed with shredding and chewing foam mats 🥴 but my other 3 rabbits never bothered it. I would see how yours does with it first before buying something extra you might not need.

I'm probably gonna move Odyssey into my room at some point as well, and here are some tips I've found, maybe it can help haha. I'm also tryna go for a danish pastel aesthetic for my room too!

If you're removing the xpen and the petstore cage entirely here are some ideas <3

- Use side tables! I really like the look of the ikea lack, and something you can do is put a cute sheet on top and also cover the sides, a vase with fake tulips for decor (as long as they don't eat them ofc) and then it can work for a hideout! You can also put hay mats under!
- The white/pink ikea cat tunnel (which I'm pretty sure you've mentioned in one of your pinterest posts) would match really well to what I've seen of your room so far and really any pop up cat things work since you can easily hide it away :)
- If you have a desk, maybe you can put the litter boxes underneath to help hide them a little bit, that's what I plan to do

I know this wasn't much and I mentioned most of it in our collab haha but hopefully it's something <3

I'm probably gonna move Odyssey into my room at some point as well, and here are some tips I've found, maybe it can help haha. I'm also tryna go for a danish pastel aesthetic for my room too!

If you're removing the xpen and the petstore cage entirely here are some ideas <3

- Use side tables! I really like the look of the ikea lack, and something you can do is put a cute sheet on top and also cover the sides, a vase with fake tulips for decor (as long as they don't eat them ofc) and then it can work for a hideout! You can also put hay mats under!
- The white/pink ikea cat tunnel (which I'm pretty sure you've mentioned in one of your pinterest posts) would match really well to what I've seen of your room so far and really any pop up cat things work since you can easily hide it away :)
- If you have a desk, maybe you can put the litter boxes underneath to help hide them a little bit, that's what I plan to do

I know this wasn't much and I mentioned most of it in our collab haha but hopefully it's something <3
I actually made a new little setup, sadly it is a tad smaller than the last set up, but I’ll take a picture and post it tomorrow! I got foam mats to protect my carpet and I am removing the cage base. it’s a little more than a 4 by 4 but I am looking to expand it but i’ll have to rearrange my room again. I’ll send a picture of my whole room since the rest of it is Danish Pastel.

I am going to swap to two hooded litter boxes (no doors) after my boys have been bonded for a little longer since i’m so annoyed with rabbit pee getting on the carpet. Possibly a high sided litter box would work?
I'd suggest the high-sided box instead of hooded. A hooded box -even with the door flap taken off- will still trap those ammonia fumes. Also, a single entry box is not ideal with a pair of rabbits. One could feel trapped if the other tries to go in at the same time.

I tend to buy furniture with an eye to whether I can use it for bunnies and, in particular, attach grids 🙂. My bunny is free roam in our living room, and here are his sleeping areas (large and spread out for two bunnies, as he just lost his partner this week). The tissue boxes on the table hold tissues and plastic bags for cleanup of stray cecals. The boxes on the bench hold clean fleece. We use bound carpet remnants over pee pads for flooring, for maximum traction.

Added: All of the ”bunny” furniture came from thrift stores or garage sales, so very inexpensive.

1A703302-1773-49EB-B67D-A1EBB7A37B95.jpeg

9BE76076-B138-40C0-8E9D-4B174A5D196B.jpeg
B249D150-DD32-4CF8-86F0-77D75874CD52.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you guys think this 4 by 4 is big enough for two rabbits?

Attachments

• 5B6EE602-9212-475D-A068-DBBE7C112346.jpeg
    5B6EE602-9212-475D-A068-DBBE7C112346.jpeg
    221.4 KB · Views: 12
Do you guys think this 4 by 4 is big enough for two rabbits?
Is the 4x4 only a play area with the castle + toys? From that picture, I can't really see a litter area, hay or other things.

I personally think 4x4 just for when you're not home for 2 rabbits is quite small, even for 1 rabbit I'd try to go bigger if possible since with all the necessities and enrichment it gets quite tight :)

Is the 4x4 only a play area with the castle + toys? From that picture, I can't really see a litter area, hay or other things.

I personally think 4x4 just for when you're not home for 2 rabbits is quite small, even for 1 rabbit I'd try to go bigger if possible since with all the necessities and enrichment it gets quite tight :)
there’s no litter box there right now as we were packing up for vacation. (They are staying with a friend) would 6 by 4 be big enough? As that’s as big as I can possibly make it with my room how it is arranged. They do get about 7 hours free range of my room, so It’s important to mention that.

There cage is now 6 by 4! they have a bin of toys behind the litterbox. Thoughts? Any advice would be nice!

Attachments

• 60E67ABC-A271-4BFA-A291-DBA9475DF3AE.jpeg
    60E67ABC-A271-4BFA-A291-DBA9475DF3AE.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 12
  • 88CE4D30-5F3E-472F-A395-19AC28FBC70E.jpeg
    88CE4D30-5F3E-472F-A395-19AC28FBC70E.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 14
  • C76ED7DA-DA5B-4296-A24F-CC85287ED51F.jpeg
    C76ED7DA-DA5B-4296-A24F-CC85287ED51F.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 14
Back