Mental Health Awareness Month

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zee

Reaction score
Hi All

May is Mental Health Awareness Month.

Please help us remove the stigma that come with Mental Health.

I the only way the this "STIGMA" to be removed, is people to educate themselves, on what it is like to be disgnosed with a Mental Illness.

The more people who educate themselves, might get a glipse of what us suffers of a Mental Disorder, have to go through day to day, with people that think a Mental Disorder is someone is insane.

That is not true. There are many different Mental Disorders, that are controlled with the right medication, a support system, and most importantly, family and friends that make the effect to find out as much as they can, about the disorder a loved-one has.

PLEASE help us by by making others aware that having a Mental disorder, doesn't mean we are crazy.
Flier-for-Mental-Health-Awareness.jpg

Thanks for posting this! I didn't know May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Mental illness runs in our family. My mom has dealt with panic attacks and depression most of her adult life. I was diagnosed with Major Depression Disorder as a teen and have to take medication everyday or I'm a different person. My brother has Paranoid Schizophrenia and lives in a care home.

As you can imagine our family faces a lot of stigma. :(

Happi Bun wrote:
Thanks for posting this! I didn't know May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Mental illness runs in our family. My mom has dealt with panic attacks and depression most of her adult life. I was diagnosed with Major Depression Disorder as a teen and have to take medication everyday or I'm a different person. My brother has Paranoid Schizophrenia and lives in a care home.

As you can imagine our family faces a lot of stigma. :(
Hi Happi

I can fully understand that. Depression runs in my fathers side of the family. One of my cousins has been on anti-depressants for 10 years. And approx 3 months ago I was diagnosed with Bipolar 2.

This is a subject close to my heart.

If you ever need someone to talk to, just to let off some steam, you can always PM me :)

hartleybun wrote:
one of my RO FB friends hadthis on her status - i copied it onto mine:) even the walls of jericho fell in the end!
That is good Hartley

The more people we can educate about Mental Health, the better. Thats for helping, even in a small way like changing your status. :thumbup

Latest posts

Back