Mellow or just Lazy?>

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catfancy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I think I have a pair of the laziest bunnies in the world. They are mini-lop, spayed females. They have the run of almost the entire house, and are totally well behaved (consistent use of litter box, don't chew on furniture, etc.). But, they are totally lazy!

Other than an occasional chase of one of the cats, they dosn't seem to do much but eat, groom each other and sprawl (usually over an air vent). I've given them lots of toys (stacking cups, wooden blocks, all sorts of cardboard tubes & boxes, stuffed animals, etc.) which they ignore. Unless I put the toy into their "personal space" when they'll immediately move it away, then go back and lie down again.

The vet says they are healthy and seem happy.

So, is this something I should worry about, or are they just totally mellowed out bunnies?

Marla

I think some bunnies just prefer to sprawl out and relax. I doubt it's about laziness and I'd only be concerned if this was sudden or abnormal behavior for them. And that doesn't seem to be the case here. The warm weather can also cause them to want to rest more of the day and become more active early in the morning or late at night when it's a bit cooler. But I think you're just one of those lucky folks who have well behaved bunners.

If the vet says they're okay and you're comfortable with that then I think it's safe to assume they're just mellow. Oh, and cute ;).

I align with Alexah, my bun as it gets warmer just "chills" SO much of the day and find that when its cool at night (thanks to A/C) that I "chase" him around (which he thinks is a great game) but left to his own device, I think he would just lay down and call the day good..

Watch for tummy upset (get down and listen and get to know what their tummies sound like) and make sure they are eating, drinking and relieving as much.. that being said they may just be what you thought "lazy".. LOL..

I have a mini lop and a dwarf rabbit. My mini lop has been so lazy lately. So much, I thought she might of been depressed or sad!

Yet my dwarf is very active and alert.

This thread makes me feel better though about my lop, and accept the fact that my bun just wants to live the good life ;)

Back