Meet the new boy!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturestee

Reaction score
I've only had him home for an hour.He's pretty calm and likes to be petted. It'll take him sometime to get used to the cage, though. He was actually afraidof the black floor of his dog kennel! He just stayed in hislitterbox. I put some newspaper down and he got up the nerveto try it. It's a bit slippery, so I'll take some sandpaperto it tonight and see what I can do for him. All I hear rightnow is the rip rip rip of a bunny with newspaper! He's makinga big mess of his cage, but I don't mind.

I haven't chosen a name yet. James is at work and we weregoing to choose it together. His name was Rascal, I'm goingfor Loki or Galileo right now. I don't know why Galileo, hejust looks like it.

66fbeh

Posing...

66fc45

Making a mess of his cage (its three times more messy now!)

66fdr8

Sooooooooo glad to have a solid floor cage! Of course, the picture just had to catch the pee stain!

I'm not sure about thinker, yet, but he'sdefinately a shredder! You can tell how out of shape heis. He'll rip paper for like 5 minutes then flop for a fewmore and start again. The way this is going, he'll be back inshape in no time!

We chose a name, and it's Loki! I hadbeen calling him both Loki and Galileo for awhile and they bothworked. James liked Loki but thought Galileo was too long, soLoki it is!

Mocha is not happy right now. She hasn't seen another bunnysince she was 8 weeks old, except for when she met him at theshelter. She was trying to attack him through his cage whileshe was out. All Loki wanted to do was get a good sniff andstart licking her. He nipped at her once out of frustrationlater on. When she wasn't attacking Loki (and don't worry, Inever let her hurt him or continue an attack!) she was stealing thepaper out of his cage and sticking her nose in to chew on his wickerbasket. I think she'll be okay in time.

I'll probably put a shelf in the cage eventually. First, I'mgoing to tie down that box. He's not interested in jumpingright now- he tried to PULL himself up on top of the box and failedmiserably. I think it's just because he's out of shape.

I see someone else likes the trickser god. Least my Loki is a girl so hopefully we'll all be able to tell them apart. :p

Just a quick update- Loki performed lots ofbinkies this morning! He's not eating much (less than Mocha)but he is eating, pooping, and peeing. If his eating doesn'tpick up a bit I might try the Nutrical.

Mocha's still upset but she's learning. She was much betterthis morning when she was out. At the end of her hourplaytime, she started lying down next to his cage.

Some bunnies do have less of anappetite. I know that Mabel is a much slower eater thanWinston. I have to make sure she gets ample a time to eat allher dinner before Winston swoops in and hoovers it down!

These are some new pics from thismorning. Loki and Mocha sometimes fight and sometimes lickeach other through the bars. There's some wierdmiscommunication going on there. Now on to the pics!

688s9w.jpg

Mid binky! He's slow enough I can actually get pics of it!

688soy.jpg

Another binky!

688swg.jpg

Mocha's trying to decide if she should box at him or lick him.

Latest posts

Back