Meet Peanut, my sweet baby Lionhead :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILovePeanut

Reaction score
665851_498893386811995_1177205105_o.jpg

Hello all! I'm new to this website and wanted to share with you my little bundle of joy, Peanut. I got her from a breeder in Central Mass (New England). She was born July 27th, 2012. She is extremely affectionate and craves attention just about every minute of the day. She hops into bed every morning and gives me kisses all over (she loves giving my forehead and nose little licks probably because it tastes a bit salty), and then when she is done she stretches out and cuddles up between my boyfriend and I. She is the sweetest little thing I've ever had the joy of living with. I have had a Lionhead previous to her (RIP Autumn) who was also very social and friendly, but nothing compared to Peanut. It's amazing, really. She constantly wants one of us to pet her, and if we don't do what she wants she thumps at us until we do! She is 90% house trained and free range. I took away 10% because she sometimes likes to leave little poop trails for me to find. :) Anyways, I hope you enjoy my pics and videos. There will be plenty more coming, so hold on to your fluffy butts!

244052_479694345398566_417041633_o.jpg

This is Peanut at 4 weeks old. She loves sleeping in her straw hut.

470710_472754842759183_1086537454_o.jpg

She loves to dig at towels and blankets.

266433_472754582759209_712498433_o.jpg

PB240171.jpg

57091_495851473782853_766762346_o.jpg

PB240151.jpg

One of Peanut's favorite place to rest (besides in my lap of course) is in front of our bedroom window. She loves taking naps in the sunlight.

621424_492668850767782_1050250650_o.jpg

665853_485527871481880_657510411_o.jpg

Whenever I am doing my homework, she constantly bites at the pages of my books and attempts to tear my papers to shreds. Eventually she gets tired and snuggles up next to Mommy.

PB240168.jpg

[video type="youtube"]fwSz9HKYdXY[/video]

Enjoy, and please let me know what you think of my little girl! I love her so much! :)

She is so very cute and also seems to be training you quite well. Rabbits do make excellent human trainers. As to the litter box trained, as long as she's peeing in the box, she's trained. The poop is why we have a shop vac. I've only had 2 of 37 that didn't leave some pellets around--they were the odd ones rather than the rule. Finn and Serena love to nuzzle and get pets as well as groom us--I think the rest tolerate us because of veggies and treats.

Welcome! I have a Lionhead as well who is a total joy :) we also have an RO member who is a slave to a Lionhead that looks just like your Peanut I'm sure she will introduce herself.......:)

Glad you found us here!

oh... my... god... SQUEE!!!

my Nala is also a harlequin lionhead, they look like they could be sisters. the pic of her on the couch or whatever all stretched out with her little bootie in the air especially reminds me of mine - Nala gives me "the butt" on a regular basis.

DSCF03422.jpg

random faerie- I'm sorry you can't view my pictures! She is a real sweetheart. How is your new Lionhead working out so far? Thank you for posting!

Nancy McClelland- 37 sounds like a rabbit heaven to me! That's amazing. I really do feel like I got lucky with her, she has just bonded to us so much so easily. She does train us quite well. We definitely have learned to pick up after ourselves much more now sense we don't want her little bunny bites chewing through our things. :) Our house is always much cleaner and we are much more calm and quiet sense we've had her big ears around. As for the litter training, she's been pretty good about it. She doesn't have (pee) accidents outside of her litter box anymore. She used to love hopping into our bed and peeing just as soon as we turned around. We were washing our sheets sometimes once or twice a day! We tried out a few different types of bedding in her litter box, and as soon as we found one she liked she has been going only in her box and not all over her cage or outside her cage. Proud mama! :biggrin:

Agnesthelion- Thank you, thank you! I am so happy I found this website, I'm really excited to learn more and share my bunny adventures with people who are just as much obsessed with rabbits as I am. Hehe. :)

Imbrium- AHHHHHHHHH!!! SO ADORBS! Nala looks so much like my Peanut! Awww. Maybe they are distant cousins :). Peanut's dad is actually part Broken Fox Otter, so she's not actually a Pedigree Lionhead, but she's still perfect to me. Thank you so much for sharing the picture, seriously she is so cute! I will definitely be in touch with you some more. I'd definitely love to hear more about her.

woahlookitsme wrote:
She is so adorable! I love the harlequin color it's just so attractive. What is a broken fox otter?
Thank you, & yeah I love her colors, I named her Peanut because she looks like one haha.
I'm not positive what a broken fox otter is, it's just what they wrote on her pedigree information sheet when I picked her up. I did some searching online and it looks like just another kind of color.. not sure on that one though. Let you know if I find more out. :)

Back