meet Mallory and Morgan....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undergunfire

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
After doing a search through Petfinder when I first started researching bunnies I found an adorable pair of Harlequin mix bunnies named Mallory and Morgan. I emailed the person who had them and I had waited *patiently* for a responce for about a week. I knew when I saw their pictures and read their description, that they were perfect for me. I continued to look at their pictures everyday.

I then started to search for more bunnies and even had my eye on a 8 week old Holland Lop bunny from a breeder in my town and was considering him, even though I really wanted to adopt.

Well, come to find out Mallory and Morgan were foster bunnies for the lady that I am rehoming my rats to! I get to adopt the pair that I know are perfect for me!

So, on Wednesday a friend who rescues ratties is going to pick up the buns from Beth (their foster mommy), drive three hours to deliver themto me and pick up a couple cages and supplies I am donating to her (aswell as my rat girls)....then driving another three hours to deliver my rat girls to Beth! It's like a rabbit-rat swap, hehe.

OH I AM SO EXCITED :happydance

So...here is Mallory and Morgan, my new bunny boys...

url]

url]

url]

There will be more pictures to come once they arrive on Wednesday!

oh they are soo cute!

when they get here, make sure you start a blog for them so everyone can read about the day to day life with your new buns and see photos!

katie

Hi and welcome to RO! They are adorable!

So Mallory is a boy? Must have been another one of those oh-so-common rabbit mixups where they thought he was a she??

Very cute though! Cant wait to see more of these two.

I will be sure to start a blog!

I have been having fun all day ordering toys offline! I ordered a few, but you can you list some links to sites with some neat toys?

Ohhh, and yes, it was probably a gender mix up with his name. I am not sure about their previous situation...I'll have to ask Beth if she knows!

:D

Oh my goodness...what beautiful boys!!! I just LOVE them!! :inlove:

Why don't you go ahead and ask about toys in the main forum (Rabbits Only section), so you get LOTS of responses?

As for my girls, they mostly get homemade toys:

Newspaper (Don't worry, newspapers are printed with vegetable dyes nowadays, so it won't hurt them)

Cardboard boxes (being sure there isn't any tape or any stickers on it)

I like filling a box with a layer of flat newspaper (like a small section), as well as some half-pages crumpled up into a ball.They LOVE throwing around the crumples, and like to shred the newspaper to make their own soft layer on the bottom floor of their cages.

Sisel twine can be used for all SORTS of things...like taking a grass mat and tying the ends together to form a tunnel (both this and the above newspaper-in-a-box idea borrowed from Naturestee...she's really great with making toys!)

You can also knot up a foot-long (or thereabouts) length of sisel twineto make one big knot of it. My girls love to chew it and throw it around. :)

You can take an empty facial tissue box (having taken off all the plastic bits first), and stuff it with hay and a few treats (like raisins, but be careful...not too many, or it might give the boys the runs :?). They'll have fun digging around in it, and eating the box. (Don't worry if they eat that or the cardboard...totally fine for them.)

Also, be sure to research on the Bunny 101 thread here called "Toys!":
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12433&forum_id=17

(And be sure to browse around at the other topics...there's TONS of wonderful information on there that is REALLY great for new bunny owners!)

Anyway, hope all that helps! You can also post something in the Rabbits Only section of the forum asking what other people give their buns for toys...as well as using the search section at the top of the screen, and searching the word "toys" or some such.

Hugs to you and your boys!!! :D

Rosie*

P.S. Welcome to the forum!! We're happy to have ya! :)

Latest posts

Back