Meet Madeline

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pla725

Reaction score
I decided to celebrate having my braces removed by rescuing this beautiful girl from a high kill shelter. I believe she a rex mix. Her coat is so soft. I just chose the name Madeline for no particular reason. She looks like a Madeline. I'm calling her Maddie for short.

She was found as a stray. I'm guessing she was an outside hutch rabbit most of her life. Not sure about her age. The shelter worker who helped me said she had poop caked on her butt and was underweight. She was the shelter for 12 days.

My only complaint with the shelter is that they were using regular cat litter for her box. At least the person who was caring for her knew about litter box training. When I asked about the absence of hay her comment was that gets all over the place. No kidding. Come to my house. My Bissell electric broom and dust buster get more a of work out than I do.

HPIM0510.jpg

HPIM0509.jpg

Aww, what a slick coat!

Congrats on the braces removal, I had some of those for 3 years. Isn't it crazy how big your lips feel and how slimey your teeth seem after they come off?

Ohh... she's so pretty....i'm so happy for Maddie..for having a nice safe..secure home to live and to have someone to love...every bunnies dream :)

Cheryl

I agree the teeth feel slimmy and weird. But a good weird. I had the braces on for 3 1/2 years. I had them before as a child.

Madeline is doing okay so far. She seemed skittish at the shelter. She ate all her greens and seems to be looking for more. I don't think they fed her too much at the shelter.

Another family had an application infor her but their landlord didn't get back to the shelter. I wasn't expecting to take her with me but did have the carrier with me just in case. I just had to complete the application, give my driver's license and $15. The last time I adopted from a shelter I had to wait a week for my references to be checked. Go figure!

Aww shes so pretty, thats really good that you got her! i cant wait to get mine off I have one bracket missing at the moment and it feels so good lol I really want the rest off.

Congrats to you and Madeline! She is a beautiful bunny, and a very lucky girl. May you have many happy years together!

I loved when I got my braces off....I was 44 at the time. Your teeth do feel awfully slimey, but my biggest thing was my teeth felt loose. I wanted to wear my retainer all of the time. Five years later, I still wear my retainer to sleep in.

Congrats on Madeline....she sure is one gorgeous bunny!

Girlfriend definitely has an appetite. I've given her greens and extra pellets. I'll get her vet checked next week. I just want to give her some space to settle in.

I'm going to put her in a pen as well to give her more space. I have her in a cage for now. It's a bit small for her.

Awww, what a fabulous way to celebrate! That is so wonderful you did that. Maddie is a lucky AND beautiful bunny.:)

Back