Meet Lupas bunny husband :D:D:D:D

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaymas

Reaction score
So we've been thinking about getting Lupa a friend and we found this cute little guy on the Toronto Humane Societies website (where we also got Lupa). We went last week to go visit him ourselves and see if we liked him. I fell in love with him and i'm pretty sure Massimo did to lol. So we put him on hold and scheduled a meet and greet with the two bunnies for yesterday. They got along so well. "Philip" (we still haven't come up with a name yet since we weren't sure they would get along) was sniffing Lupa through the cage and Lupa would just sit there like she didn't care lol. It went like that for maybe 20 minutes. Since there was no aggression and they didn't seem bothered by each other, we got to bring "Philip" home :biggrin2:

We have "Philip" in Lupa's old starter cage for now and have it pretty close to her condo. We're leaving "Philip" in the cage for 2 days and Lupa has been going up to sniff him and she seems very very curious lol. This morning we caught them running back and forth with each other although "Philip" didn't have very far to go since he was in his cage lol.

We're really excited to get the bonding process started and seeing how they react to each other when they don't have the cages separating them. We're both just so happy that the two of them got along so well in the beginning that we're hopping for a quick bond.

Now for a few pictures :D
007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

oh my goodness he is super cute!! sounds like you're on your way to a good bond! best of luck to your fluffy lionheads :D

He is super duper adorable! Congrats!

We are going through similiar things. I just adopted a male mini Rex we named Archie for a husbun to our black Lionhead Agnes.

We had positive signs at the first bunny date and here at home too. Archie was just neutered a week ago so I'm holding off on bonding just yet to let some of his hormones dissipate. They said it can take 2-4 weeks for a male to "calm down" after a neuter. Archie tried to mate with Agnes several times so he definetly has it in him.

Good luck with the bonding and keep us updated! I will follow your story and we can swap notes since we are going through the same thing.

Good luck!

We're letting Nero (we decided to call him Nero lol) out of his cage for the first time since we brought him home. Lupa will be in her condo while Nero gets to run around for a bit so hopefully things will still be good. We're having an issue with Lupa marking her territory and pooping in front of Nero's cage lol.

And thank you everyone for all of the kind words :D he is a little cutie and we're so happy that Lupa was ok with him since we already fell head over heels lol

kaymas wrote:
We're letting Nero (we decided to call him Nero lol) out of his cage for the first time since we brought him home. Lupa will be in her condo while Nero gets to run around for a bit so hopefully things will still be good. We're having an issue with Lupa marking her territory and pooping in front of Nero's cage lol.

Agnes has been doing that too, pooping by Archies cage and in her condo on the side that borders his. From what I understand that is normal and eventually stops...hopefully....

Love the name Nero, by the way.

agnesthelion wrote:
kaymas wrote:

Agnes has been doing that too, pooping by Archies cage and in her condo on the side that borders his. From what I understand that is normal and eventually stops...hopefully....

Love the name Nero, by the way.
I read that it was normal so i'm glad someone else is experiencing it to lol. Lupas condo is right at the corner of Nero's cage and she leaves little poops there to. Really hoping it stops soon lol. Have you let Agnes and Archie play together yet?

And thank you :D We love the name to and I'm pretty proud of myself since I came up with it haha

Agnes and Archie have only officially met once at the bunny date. He just got neutered on 9/27 so is still pretty interested in mating. Although she didn't mind at all, lol, I still want to take things slow and let as many hormones dissipate that I can before starting bonding again.

Ah yes good idea. We're going to be having a face to face bunny date (no cages separating them) Sunday night since they seem to want to be together. Nero jumped out of his cage trying to get to Lupa and he keeps chewing on his cage to get out lol

Agnes and Archie are showing similar behavior! Both seem very interested in each other but not in an overly aggressive way at all. They nose sniff all the time through the cage and we have yet to see any aggressive behavior. They both often clean themselves, lay down and eat happily as if not stressed by each other at all. I get tempted while they are doing their separate play time to do a meet up but I'm not naive enough to think it will just go as smooth as that. I jjust KNOW it cant be this easy, right?
Admittedly, I get a huge case of the nerves when I think about a bad fight or anything. I just keep hoping for the best!....but preparing for the worst......

I'm nervous about it to but I'll never know if they'll act differently when there isn't a cage separating them if I don't try right? We'll start off slow. Maybe a few minutes at first to see how it goes. If it's going well we'll continue and if not we'll end the session and just try again later. With the way they're acting though I can't see them getting aggressive lol.....with that said though we will totally be prepared for it lol

kaymas wrote:
I'm nervous about it to but I'll never know if they'll act differently when there isn't a cage separating them if I don't try right? We'll start off slow. Maybe a few minutes at first to see how it goes. If it's going well we'll continue and if not we'll end the session and just try again later. With the way they're acting though I can't see them getting aggressive lol.....with that said though we will totally be prepared for it lol

Yes you are so right. Great way of thinking. Please keep us updated!!!! I'm planning to do the same :)

Latest posts

Back