Meet Galaxy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stargazerLily

Reaction score
After playdate #2 at the humane society, we made a decision and my boy Orion has a new friend. His name is Galaxy (it was Tony at the shelter, but I wanted to change it), and he is a 3 yr old neutered polish dwarf mix. I really hadn't wanted a white bunny with red eyes, but alas, that's what we got.

Orion meet three eligable bunnys this morning, all which we had met and had a playdate with on Thursday. The one we had almost completely decided on, the play date didn't go so well. Orion was great with her, but she was a total brat to him. My opinion on her totally changed 10 minutes into the date.

So on to bachlorette #2 we went. The second one was a lovely rust colored mini rex. They did well together (they had done well together the first meeting too), but she is a bit of a nibbler, and likes to nip you if you aren't paying attention to her. I knew I could handle it, and was all ready to say "let's go for her", when I decided to give the little white dwarf a try.

The first meeting with him hadn't gone bad, but it hadn't been super wonderful either. He had just wanted to stay in his litterbox, but there was no fighting, and neither rabbit had issues with the other. Today we took the litter box out, neither had issues with the other, and within 10 minutes Orion hopped right up to him and snuggled up next to him. The whitedwarf started grooming Orion a little bit, then snuggled him back. It was such an adorable picture, I almost cried.They stayed like that for another 10 minutes while I talked to the volunteer about his past, and what he had been eating while at the humane society and such. Seeing how well both liked each other,I went and paid the adoption fee and Galaxycame home with us.

If the bonding sessions keep up like they went today, then these guys will be bonded in no time. Both are reallylaid back (Orion never had a problem with any of the rabbits he was introduced to, and the volunteer kept commenting on what a wonderful personality he had, and how it wouldn't be any problem to bond him), and are almost the same size. I set Galaxy up in my GSD's old crate (I'm glad I hadn't sold it yet) until I can either get him the NIC cage built, or until the bunnies are bonded. It gives him more room then he had in the dog crate he hadat the humane society and it's close enough to Orion's cage for them tosmell each other, but not for them to bite if they felt like it.

Here is Galaxy:

P8250004.jpg

And thecage set up (I have the top off of it for the moment):

P8250006.jpg

P8250005.jpg

seniorcats wrote:
Congratulations on your new family member! Your cat is gorgeous!
Thanks, that's Venus, my blue pt siamese. I also have a lilac lynx pt male named Mercury.

YAY congrats!! I'm glad they got along so well to start! It's funny that the girls he didn't like but the boy and him got along great. I'm so happy for you and the buns!! I know he'll love his new home!

P.S. I love the names for your pets!!

Latest posts

Back