Meet Captain!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captainsmom

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am a new bunny Mom to Captain Bun Bun - we just call him Captain. We went into a pet store and fell in love. We had no idea how old he was or if it was indeed a he. All we knew was that he was sold there as a baby and was returned a few months later when the owner went off to college. He was so super sweet and not shy at all. He was on hold for someone but I called the next day and they had decided not to get him. So I snatched him up! My kids love him and he isn't skiddish at all. Hops into your lap and begs for food - to the point of dancing! After he exercises and settles down and you scratch his head - he'll flop and purr.

We took him to exotic vet in town and verified that Captain is a 5 month old male and ready to be neutered which we just had done yesterday.

He's been settling in nicely and is working on his litter habits. He is doing great with pee - not so much on poop but hopefully that will improve once his hormones die down.

We know he is a Rex due to his velvet/plush fur. Not sure if he is mini or standard. He weighs 2.5 pounds now so probably a mini. I think his color is black otter. I think he is beautiful!
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1380155577.034091.jpg
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1380155604.516696.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone! I know you should avoid getting a pet store bunny but he stole my heart!

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Those are some GREAT ears! What a gorgeous little guy!

So cute! I can see why you fell in love :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Awww so cute! I had a Rex that I also got from a petstore!
(I know not the best ides but she was sooooo cute)

-GottaLuvDaBuns

Very Cute! and definitely a Black Otter. We've had a Blue, a Chin, and the darkest Brown I've ever seen and we just love our rex bunnies--they're so soft. Our very first bunny was a female named Commander Bun-Bun, a name we borrowed from the Drew Carey show. As to the pooping, we got a giant shop vac as they all do it everywhere and very prolifically.

Back