Meet Bun :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittanys22

Reaction score
I’m new to owning a Bunny and am so excited. We got him/her about 2 weeks ago from our local pet store. I’ve been Doing a lot of research on breeds and I’m assuming it’s a Holland lop? Anybody have any ideas on the breed of our new baby?

Attachments

• 012715A2-71E8-421C-A158-4F063111FB67.jpeg
    012715A2-71E8-421C-A158-4F063111FB67.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 24634516-EA61-45B0-B510-417A99EDE320.jpeg
    24634516-EA61-45B0-B510-417A99EDE320.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 97FE10EA-0270-4B15-80E5-5B9A99A48446.jpeg
    97FE10EA-0270-4B15-80E5-5B9A99A48446.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 23
Welcome to the forum!

He/she is very pretty! They’ve got great markings. I’m no good at breeds @SableSteel and anyone else who knows :confused:.
Did the pet shop tell you how old they are? They still look quite young.

Cute bunny! I don't know if it's the perspective in the last picture, but his ears look really long. I wonder if he's got any english lop in his background. (They don't look long enough to be full english lop, but maybe somewhere in the genes.)

Super cute! I think Holland or mabey french lop. He looks a lot like mine, she is a french lop. They can grow quite big but they are super sweet.

Welcome to the forum!

He/she is very pretty! They’ve got great markings. I’m no good at breeds @SableSteel and anyone else who knows :confused:.
Did the pet shop tell you how old they are? They still look quite young.
They said around 6 weeks but I didn’t think they were allowed to sell them till 8 weeks. I plan on doing a vet trip soon to make sure it’s healthy ❤️

Welcome to the forum! Your bunny looks so adorable!

Definitely check in with the vet for his/her wellness. Also just a heads up that the temperament of the rabbit can change once he/she gets older. So right now if his/her litter habits are great, he/she may forget how to use it when she turns into an adult.

Welcome to the forum! Your bunny looks so adorable!

Definitely check in with the vet for his/her wellness. Also just a heads up that the temperament of the rabbit can change once he/she gets older. So right now if his/her litter habits are great, he/she may forget how to use it when she turns into an adult.

I agree, a rabbit-savvy vet will be able to tell you the estimated age, breed and sex of this adorable bunny.

So I looked in to the breed mixes over night and now it think she is a Holland lop mix with a eglish spot like Mariam+Theo and blue eyes or Holland lop mix with some type of hotot mix because of the size and eyes.

I’m new to owning a Bunny and am so excited. We got him/her about 2 weeks ago from our local pet store. I’ve been Doing a lot of research on breeds and I’m assuming it’s a Holland lop? Anybody have any ideas on the breed of our new baby?
So cute!!!

It’s personality it’s great follows me around the house lets me pet him or she. Comes when I call just absolutely overall fantastic

Attachments

• 4D8BEAF7-85D1-4CFC-8988-5783DBC319A3.jpeg
    4D8BEAF7-85D1-4CFC-8988-5783DBC319A3.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 9
Hey @Brittanys22 I wanted to pass you this list. It's a list of rabbit knowledgable vets in the usa. https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/ if you are setting out to find a vet, it could be useful! If there's none on here in your area, I'd suggest that when you start calling around vets, ask them if they are familiar with rabbits. Can make a huge difference! Good luck!!

I’m new at this & I've been reading on how to sex baby rabbits.

You could really do it at home, vet visit for the health, privet check for the sex.
Boy's kind of "pop-out" at you when you check. (sorry, kind of crude. 😅)

Personally... That's how I tell my boys from girls. "Tubes" for boys "flowers" for girls. The only time I found it hard to tell is when they are under 4 weeks. After that, it's fairly easy to look yourself.

I don't think I would confidently say more about the breed than just "lop mix". The broken (english spotting) pattern is very common in all the lop breeds. It's likely to be a holland lop cross, just because holland lops tend to be the most common lops in the pet trade. At this age, if they don't have the dwarf gene they can get some pretty large ears like that. It's possible that it might try to grow into them yet.

Latest posts

Back