Meet Azymondias! (Aka, Azzy.)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlirtyBunzo

Reaction score
This is my nearly 2 month old baby, Azymondias :) Unfortunately, He currently lives with just me, But I hope sometime in the future after I get him neutered I can get him a Pal! Sadly, He is a rescue from an awful situation. Near where I live, Some people let out their meat/hutch rabbits into their neighborhood when they moved. that was nearly 2 years ago. Now there are nearly 120 rabbits around the neighborhood. Azzy is the offspring of a Black Rex doe with brown ticked fur (most likely from dirt, Tbh) And a Albino Flemish giant rex mix buck. When I was there, I went for 2 weeks and only managed to catch around 14 rabbits. I managed to catch the dad with the help of some of the younger boys in the neighborhood, along with a beautiful blue eyed white who was a 2 or 3 month old runt. We named her snow white, but unfortunately, Later in the day we found out she had Pneumonia. And on top of that, She was pregnant. We took her to the vet, which cost over 200 dollars. The vet told us at any moment she could die. I went and talked with the people who originally let out the rabbits, and they told me how they assumed they would just die. and in a way, they were right. there were many times I found dead baby bunnies, either from stray cats, or sickness. That was when I started hardcore catching them. Sadly, to this day, there are still rabbits there. rabbits I didnt have enough time to get to. I didnt end up keeping snow, the boys from the neighborhood did, so I sadly dont know if she made it or not. So Please, Never let your rabbits "free". Because just a reminder, this started with 2 or 3 rabbits.

Attachments

• IMG_20220925_215159.jpg
    IMG_20220925_215159.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 0
A warm welcome from me. Auch.... What an awful situation. I just want to give you big hug .... and branches from an apple tree (it´s my cute little bon Bianca speaking) and to let you know that we´re both SO thankful for all what you´ve done for these precious little guys trying to survive in such horrible conditions. It´s an honor for me to do life together with loving and caring Bonnie parents like you…. Thank you!

Last edited:
A true bunny hero. I’m sure their all thankful for the rescue you gave them.
I dont think I would have been able to if it werent for the boys from the neighborhood (which were only 9 and 11). and a lot of the neighbors fed the rabbits too, so none of them would die of starvation or thirst. But, sadly it didnt gain their trust, catching them was like catching wild rabbits. but they were all still so sweet, and we made sure they all went to good homes thanks to the boys moms friend. (Fun fact, we caught most of the babies using a box, stick and charger wire!) It was like a group team, rather then just me. The boys set the traps, I caught them (I usually caught the adults by getting them under porches), And the mom and her friend rehomed. I hope to go back their some day and help them out again :)

I dont think I would have been able to if it werent for the boys from the neighborhood (which were only 9 and 11). and a lot of the neighbors fed the rabbits too, so none of them would die of starvation or thirst. But, sadly it didnt gain their trust, catching them was like catching wild rabbits. but they were all still so sweet, and we made sure they all went to good homes thanks to the boys moms friend. (Fun fact, we caught most of the babies using a box, stick and charger wire!) It was like a group team, rather then just me. The boys set the traps, I caught them (I usually caught the adults by getting them under porches), And the mom and her friend rehomed. I hope to go back their some day and help them out again :)
Then I suppose it was a team of bunny heroes.

Latest posts

Back