Meet Andy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elizabeth

Reaction score
I'd like to introduce you to Andy. :)

Andy.jpg

I'm fostering him for our local SPCA. Andy is 3 years old andwas surrendered by his owners because they were moving. Andwe all know how hard it is to move and bring a small quiet bunny withyou. *sigh* He was at the SPCA for quite a longtime and then he was adopted by a dad and his 11 year olddaughter. The daughter was great with him, knew how to pickhim up and hold him etc. Unfortunately they had him for aweek and it became apparent that she had terrible allergies tohim. He was brought back to the SPCA on May 6th.I've been keeping my eye on him since January (I love the white, redeyed buns!) and once I saw that he had been brought back I asked Karenif I could foster him for a while. Get him out ofthe SPCA environment, eating a proper diet and getting some socialinteraction. Karen said no problem as she has a soft spot forAndy. Apparently he's very, very friendly and will sit onyour lap and let you cuddle him for hours. I'm going to keephim for awhile, take some good pictures of him and do a write up abouthis personality for the SPCA.

We picked him up tonight and here are a few photo's of him hanging outunder the kitchen table which is where all new bunnies at my house seemto gravitate to. ;)

Andy3.jpg

Andy2.jpg

Getting some love from mom:

Andy5.jpg

Thinks that feels pretty good...

Andy4.jpg

And even puts his head down to get more grooming...

Andy6.jpg

He's having some issues with his stomach. He doesn'thavediarrhea right now but apparently he can get it quiteeasily. He was fed nothing but pellets a occasionally veggiesat the SPCA so I'm trying to introduce him to some timothy hay and I'monly giving him a wee bit of veggies. Last night he had atiny bit of parsley and that was it. He didn't eat any haybut did however, enjoy the two craisins and the papaya tablet I gavehim. He also has a very dirty bum that I'm going to try andclean tonight. Wish me luck! *L*

He's a very friendly guy and loves to be brushed. He sat on atowel on the counter last night for about 20 minutes while I brushedhim. Then he sat on my lap for another 20 minutes justsnuggling and snoozing a bit while I petted him. He evengroomed me back which I was very surprised about as we only brought himhome last night.

He's apparently a big lovebug. :hearts

Ahhhh Andy is adorable, looks a lot like my Tinkerbell! Only Andy looks to have a little longer fur! :)

I think it's awesome that your fostering him, I think it's really goodfor them to get some time out of the shelter life. I've been thinkingabout fostering a rabbit myself from our local humane society.

Let us know how he's doing!

Back