MBH's Foster Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a shame that most people look over the handicap animals. I would take Filmore and your baby girl Danielle!

Well, tonight Merri got some new toys! FirstI'll show the toys, then pics of her with her new toys (along with picsof her eating hay, showing some tongue, and doing her version of a DBF).

I got her toys at the thrift store and toal, it was like $1. Yay forthrift stores! The Eyore from Winnie the Pooh is a big stuffed rattler,and soooo soft. I only paid a dime for the little pink bunny rattler, Iwas so excited when I found it! I was like, "OMG, perfect!" So yeah,I'm gettin' hyped over a rattler.

On with the pics!

Here's all 3 of her new toys:
m-toy1.jpg

Here's a pic of the bunny rattler:
m-toy2.jpg

And here's pics of her!

merri-toys7.jpg

merri-toys6.jpg

merri-toys4.jpg

merri-toys5.jpg

merri-toys3.jpg

merri-toys2.jpg

merri-toys1.jpg

i have just watched the video and I must sawAWWWWWWWW. I hope a home is found for her and hopefully to someone thatknows a lot about bunnies and how to keep them and nows how to make thebunny comfortable when they have tilts like that. Please keep usposted...We will keep our fingers crossed for her.

Love Andrea, Fidget, Rocket, Rowdy and Squeak xxxx

My husband said if she was near we would takeher. How wrong is that. :XThe trip here would be stressfull.Bah. Just care for her.

Spoke to the lady at the rescue, she said since it wasn't treated forso long the tilt may bepermant.Going to talk to myvet once you tell me the cause of the head-tilt.

Jade, we're still working on getting up enough money for the tests and treatment. We're just about there.

However, the rescue got together and has agreed to not put Merri up foradoption. Given her condition, none of us were comfortable sending heroff to anyone other than a volunteer or keeping her at the rescue. Inthe end, she is staying here with me and Wendy going in together tocontinue to care for her and her treatment -- so I'll never be alone indealing with her vet bills.

She may be getting a boyfriend eventually as well. A little hotot boyon the site named Willow. I picked him up from the pound months agoafter he was dumped. His estimated age is considered to be 'old', andhe only weighs a mere 1.4 pounds. He's also been sick since day one,and after lots of discussion, have deemed him not to be adopted out.

So after he's better, we're going to have him neutered and decide whowill be housing him. We think it'd be a great idea to just stick himwith Merri once both are better -- we'll see. :cool:

Awww, coolies!

Well, we would too except the entire rescue is ran off donations andafter food, hay, supplies, spays and neuters, we have very little leftin the end. :?

We're hoping to have a bigger fund eventually, now that the rescue hasbecome so big. We're referred by nearly everyone in LA now, includingthe humane societies in most parishes, LA Wildlife and Fisheries, LSUVet School, and nearly any pet store. More well known = more donationsfor us to start putting away for big vet bills. :cool:

Since I won't be home tomorrow (being dragged toa crawfish boil... I am so sick of crawfish :rollseyes) I thought I'djust give an update tonight on the foster kids.

Merri is doing wonderfully and has officially made herself at home. Sheabsolutely adores her new bunny rattler, and she is one hay-lovin'bunny! She happily passes up her pellets for her hay, and comes back tothe pellets later. Such a smartie! She is also officially binkying, andher little binkies are absolutely adorable! We've also learned thatshe's not a laid back bun, but rather a very exploring-loving bun whois so curious about everything and has to be petted by EVERYONE whocomes near her cage. She begs for nose rubs and head scratches. Can Ihave Spoiled for $200 please, Alex?

Lily is doing about the same, but has learned to love head rubs andnose scratches THROUGH the bars of her cage. Just don't open that cage.Unlike when I first got her when she used to run when I got near hercage to feed her, she now begs for her food. But still attacks when youpour it in. :crazinessShe has her sweet moments, but they arefar and few, LOL.

And lastly, Trixie is GONE! Yay! Well, gone from me anyways. Trixie isback at the rescue, and her pending adoption fell through. However,happy news: She is now bonded to Rebel, the english spot neutered maleat the rescue. The bonding took about 3 minutes and after a littlehumping, it was grooming-binkying-kiss-me-now love at 2nd glance. Soyeah, she's quite happy and now her and Rebel are enjoying Rebel'sgigantic X-Pen home together outside. However, someone called today andis looking for a male/female neutered bonded pair and was interested inRebel! So Rebel and Trixie may be off to their new home soon.

That's all the news on the home front for now. Oh, since Merri is nowofficially mine (and I hate her name, BTW) I am going to quit updatingher in the foster blog and start her very own blog. Tomorrow.(Procrastination at its finest people!)

Finally home! The 2 hour trip to the family'swas tedious, ugh. Crawfish was yummy though, and we finally just gothome a few minutes ago.

Happy Easter to everyone!

Foster news --

Lily got sponsered for her spay via a spay/neuter donation, and will go in for her spay on April 17th. Yay for Lily!

Also, Trixie and Rebel are doing wonderfully at the rescue thismorning, and are officially husband and wife. They are in love and wecouldn't be more thrilled. We're also thankful, the bonding took about3-4 whole minutes!

EDIT: Also, Willow is coming this week to meet Merri, I'm so thrilled.Tomorrow is his vet appointment to check for coccidia and his otherhealth problems. Update on that when I get home tomorrow.

Glad all is well with them. Crawfish?:disgust

I am working on getting some shots in sports mode and the flash isn'tworking when it's on, making me mad:help. The regular shotsare brighter, but when I use sports mode, which I haven't used beforethey are dark, what gives?

That is good news about Trixie and her husband.And also great news that Merri is getting spayed soon and on someoneelse's dime! Best of luck with Willow's checkup.

Back